Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Default Re: Affect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Isn't proximity a big issue in measuring decibels? For instance, it is going to be much higher right next to the crowd than 100 feet away. Correct?
    Yes if only getting sound from a single direction/source. Corners tend to tap sound well but a centrally located Mic is going to gather the pressure from all angles the best. Lots of math goes into the formula.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I don't really believe those decibel records are legitimate. Supposedly the Fargodome's record is 119, but the world record in a stadium is 143? That's over 100 times as loud. Every 10 points is 10 times louder.
    Every 10dB is twice as loud. Decibel means deci (1/10) of a Bell (doubling of loudness).

You need 2x as many people yelling (at the same frequency) to gain 3dB OR each person needs to use 2x the energy (while not over utilizing their vocal chord capability) to gain 3dB.

Or sections 19 & 20 could just get off their asses and cheer. (Kinda purplish)

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Yes if only getting sound from a single direction/source. Corners tend to tap sound well but a centrally located Mic is going to gather the pressure from all angles the best. Lots of math goes into the formula.

Wait a minute. I was told that there would be no math when I created an account on Bisonville.

How many tickets are sold through the visiting team's ticket office? How many Bunnie fans will be there? It might be more than usual, but still shouldn't be enough to disrupt the game.
    Not sure, but I think I remember reading a couple of years ago that the visiting team is given 500 tickets or something like that so not much different than a conference game. I'm sure some SDSU fans bought tickets Sunday afternoon and I hope season ticket holders sell their unused tickets to friends and family who are Bison fans.
    It's OK to not be OK.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Every 10dB is twice as loud. Decibel means deci (1/10) of a Bell (doubling of loudness).

You need 2x as many people yelling (at the same frequency) to gain 3dB OR each person needs to use 2x the energy (while not over utilizing their vocal chord capability) to gain 3dB.

Or sections 19 & 20 could just get off their asses and cheer. (Kinda purplish)

Every 10 decibels is 10 times as loud, your first sentence is wrong. You seem to contradict that with the rest of your post...

Default Re: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Im bringing my chainsaw and jackhammer to help

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Im bringing my chainsaw and jackhammer to help
    Looking forward to seeing how you get those by the detectors. Better wear some baggy snow pants.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

How many tickets are sold through the visiting team's ticket office? How many Bunnie fans will be there? It might be more than usual, but still shouldn't be enough to disrupt the game.
    I don't think it will have a direct impact on the game, not enough fans. But I guarantee they will be more noticeable to the rest of us and possibly the TV audience than any other game this year.

So no, it will not affect the Bison but it will, imo, have an impact on how many home fans cheer and how loud.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 14>1 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how you get those by the detectors. Better wear some baggy snow pants.
    Longhorn skips leg day, he won't need as baggy of pants as the average Joe would need.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I'm having a tooth pulled the day before the game. I apologize in advance to whoever is seated in front of me if blood shoots from my mouth.