Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Default Re: Affect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Friday will be Georgia Southern crazy. The tailgate will be crazy. When Chris runs out, it will be psycho crazy. SDSU will need to get through the initial energy as it will be different. Friday nights in the playoffs are just different. To go to Frisco....it is different. Face it, the last two weeks, we couldn't lose. THis matters and the fans know it. This one is for the arrogant coaching staff at SDSU to realize who the boss is, and who it has been. do your job.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I'd be happy to let them borrow my meters that read accurately to 185 dB.... But our fans will be disappointed because it uses a sensor instead of microphone to measure sound pressure and for that reason it is about 10dB lower reading than the inaccurate microphone based meter that is easy to "spike" with sudden bursts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Isn't proximity a big issue in measuring decibels? For instance, it is going to be much higher right next to the crowd than 100 feet away. Correct?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Can someone change the title of this thread to the correct usage of "Effect"?

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/affect-vs-effect/
    Thanks to the mod who fulfilled my request!
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    SDSU plays in the dome more than anyone. As much as I wish i was wrong, there is no way noise level is going to have an impact on SDSU. Lets get real.
    Wrong. 1 penalty could be the difference plus our players have to feed off it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    SDSU plays in the dome more than anyone. As much as I wish i was wrong, there is no way noise level is going to have an impact on SDSU. Lets get real.
    You are wrong, having to use a silent count removes the offense's advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    They should talk about how bad the pretzels are.
    Those things are horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by tojo70 View Post
    Those things are horrible!
    Feed the Bunnies the Pretzels!!! Give us the mini-donuts and the trophy please!!! Going to be a crazy. crazy crowd Friday; Seniors will be playing for the last time in the Dome and for their coach, Younger player will be playing for the Seniors....NDSu going to be unbeatable!!!! SDSU using a silent count removes any possibility of play changes on the field for the offense; just tee it up and hope it works.

I feel like the number of SDSU fans and their ability to be relatively "loud" compared to other opponents while we are on offense will have an impact on our own fans and their desire to make more noise. It's usually so damn quiet you can hear all the checks at the line. Not this week. It will be just loud enough to piss of the home fans and make them want to bring the noise.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I feel like the number of SDSU fans and their ability to be relatively "loud" compared to other opponents while we are on offense will have an impact on our own fans and their desire to make more noise. It's usually so damn quiet you can hear all the checks at the line. Not this week. It will be just loud enough to piss of the home fans and make them want to bring the noise.

How many tickets are sold through the visiting team's ticket office? How many Bunnie fans will be there? It might be more than usual, but still shouldn't be enough to disrupt the game.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't really believe those decibel records are legitimate. Supposedly the Fargodome's record is 119, but the world record in a stadium is 143? That's over 100 times as loud. Every 10 points is 10 times louder.