Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

What was the highest db recorded in the Fargo Dome?
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Hey does anybody remember the song that was played in the dome right before the opening kickoff? What was the name of that? I’m not talking about Thunderstruck either, the one played right before the opening kick.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan1112 View Post
    Hey does anybody remember the song that was played in the dome right before the opening kickoff? What was the name of that? I’m not talking about Thunderstruck either, the one played right before the opening kick.
    Welcome to the jungle?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan1112 View Post
    Wolfmother's song Joker and the Thief might be what you're thinking of.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

read the whole post and two things come to mind:

One. When the game is just starting and everyone is "fresh" the noise isn't a huge factor since they have been woking on it.

B. As the game goes on, the OL starts getting more and more tired which means the concentration level drops. (Been there, done that; center, guard, tackle)
    and then the noise does become a factor coupled with the fatigue. A tired brain is a brain ready to make mistakes.

BTW, thank you very much for giving us HCCK.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ArKSU View Post
    read the whole post and two things come to mind:

One. When the game is just starting and everyone is "fresh" the noise isn't a huge factor since they have been woking on it.

B. As the game goes on, the OL starts getting more and more tired which means the concentration level drops. (Been there, done that; center, guard, tackle)
    and then the noise does become a factor coupled with the fatigue. A tired brain is a brain ready to make mistakes.

BTW, thank you very much for giving us HCCK.
    You're welcome. Wait 4 yrs and you will be showering us with gifts.

Let's be honest. The Fargo Domee is just to quiet to have any effect on the outcome of the game.

The South Canadian are just too nice and polite to disrupt the what is happening in the Dargo Form.

You can hear them hushing each other up for being too impolite. LMAO

And if you believe that I have Beach front property in I-Ow-Way.

I have it on very good authority that a starting guard for Georgia Southern in the 2012 Semifinal game heard the snap count 3 times all game... Probably safe to say THE Toughest Venue in FCS Football!
    https://twitter.com/CoachGrantOlson/...665297921?s=19

I can personally assure you that here in Northern Kansas we are barely able to hear the noise generated in The Fargo Dome. So how could the noise actually effect the outcome of any play during the game?

Quote Originally Posted by ArKSU View Post
    I can personally assure you that here in Northern Kansas we are barely able to hear the noise generated in The Fargo Dome. So how could the noise actually effect the outcome of any play during the game?
    In Mexico there is an area known as the "Zone of Silence", also called the "Mapimi Silent Zone." The reason you can't hear the noise is that in Northern Kansas there is a similar but lesser known area where the same phenomenon exists. Having lived in the area I can attest to the fact this is true.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix