Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Default Re: Affect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    great. Now that Tjamz is talking speakers(to mostly himself), he's going to ruin what was a bad ass thread. thanks guys.
    Just trying to tell these puds what they need to do to be twice as loud.
    1. More people
    Or
    2. Yell with 10x more force

But definitely quit knitting/drinking milk.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    great. Now that Tjamz is talking speakers(to mostly himself), he's going to ruin what was a bad ass thread. thanks guys.
    Tjamz rules.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Yeah, yeah, yeah - log scale schmog scale. What I want to know is: if I want to listen to a recording of SRV with my eyes closed and a snootful of lovely amber fluid exactly what speakers and more importantly what amplifier should I use? Analog? Digital? Tubes? Oh my!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Starting at the source you gotta go digital with a lossless format to understand what the artist intended it to sound like coming of of the studio. From there I like a tube preamp (even though it can color the sound admittedly) going to a Class A/B Amplifier(s)...I'm find of NAD here, but there are some stellar amps out there. I'm a big fan of Dynaudio and Morel speakers (Dayton is great if working on a tighter budget) if you're building your own cabinets. I generally recommend avoiding horns for mids or tweeters with a few exceptions. Subwoofer selection will depend on the room a bit, if you have the room to utilize a horn sub I highly recommend it. If not, try a transmission line.

After you've finished listening to your SRV collection I recommend Kenny Wayne Shepherd's Ledbetter Heights album. Deja voodoo is one of my all time favorite songs to listen to on a high end sound system. Another brilliantly produced single is Purple Rain by Prince. I could go on and on but really at this point I'm just trying to annoy Longhorn.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    SDSU plays in the dome more than anyone. As much as I wish i was wrong, there is no way noise level is going to have an impact on SDSU. Lets get real.

It won’t have the impact it did on JMU, Colgate, etc, but that statement is wildly unreasonable to say it won’t have ANY impact. It WILL have an impact

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Starting at the source you gotta go digital with a lossless format to understand what the artist intended it to sound like coming of of the studio. From there I like a tube preamp (even though it can color the sound admittedly) going to a Class A/B Amplifier(s)...I'm find of NAD here, but there are some stellar amps out there. I'm a big fan of Dynaudio and Morel speakers (Dayton is great if working on a tighter budget) if you're building your own cabinets. I generally recommend avoiding horns for mids or tweeters with a few exceptions. Subwoofer selection will depend on the room a bit, if you have the room to utilize a horn sub I highly recommend it. If not, try a transmission line.

After you've finished listening to your SRV collection I recommend Kenny Wayne Shepherd's Ledbetter Heights album. Deja voodoo is one of my all time favorite songs to listen to on a high end sound system. Another brilliantly produced single is Purple Rain by Prince. I could go on and on but really at this point I'm just trying to annoy Longhorn.

My neighbor, whom I suspect is a true audiophile, has built a set of these in rough cabinets. I am going to build him some nice cabinets this winter and perhaps a set for me.

https://critesspeakers.com/cornscala.html

OK - back to insanely loud dome. Going to do some exercises to increase that vocal power http://www.become-a-singing-master.c...exercises.html

Default Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Couple follow up questions.

If fans work to produce noise on a similar frequency would that create significant increase in the decibel level?

What would the most “fear inducing” frequency be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Double post

Default Re: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post

If fans work to produce noise on a similar frequency would that create significant increase in the decibel level?

Multiple rockets and artillery shells coming in your direction.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I've got the yelling and clapping at the same time down. I'm working on adding a foot stomp in as well for Friday night. Not sure if I should eat beans all day and try adding some farts or if I should just scrap that idea. I'd hate to clear out a section and actually make it quieter.

Could just here the ESPN guys on national TV. Hey look at all the tears in section 27 for Klieman. Oh good lord what is that smell my eyes are watering.

Lardsin must go!

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post

For the bunny coaching staff: A C.P.A. explaining the effect of standard deduction versus an itemized deduction on income taxes.

(insert sound of Joose can being popped open)