Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Default Re: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

https://youtu.be/v4c0IBeXwY8?t=5m36s
    Get a bunch of these.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I take a great deal of pride in being as loud of a fan as possible at Bison games. Like many/most of you, I go to a game and cheer/yell/scream/clap/stomp like every fricken play depends on me- WE WANT TO DISRUPT!

I can yell pretty damn loud for about 1 quarter and then my voice starts to really deplete. I remember yelling so loud and long at the EWU game that I blacked out for 15 seconds after EWU's missed field goal.
    This summer I had a thought: "what can I do to be LOUDER?..." because my yelling can only last so long... and then I thought whistling. Yes everyone can whistle, but then there are those who can whistle loud.. and THEN there are those that can Whistle so fu*king loud that it pisses you off because it literally causes physical pain to be within 20 yards of them.
    I spent most of my solitary hours this summer practicing on how to get to that NEXT level… and then during the Deleware game- it happened.
    If you watch the clip of Jabril cox returning the Pick 6 - you can clearly hear 1 single whistle tone over the entire thing. I can confidently say that my whistle is about 4-5x louder than me yelling full all out, and it takes VASTLY less energy to do so.

If you are trying to create as much volume as humanly possible- just dedicate 5-6 hours of time (away from others, because holy shit they will get sick of the whistling), and learn to whistle I would say that since learning to whistle this way- the total volume output during the game has increased exponentially
    If you want to make more noise, LEARN TO FRICKEN WHISTLE SO DAMN LOUD IT CAUSES YOU PAIN (and then go buy ear plugs and bring 5-10 and share with those immediately in front of you) You will wonder how you ever thought you were making noise before.
    New thread with tutorial please

Whenever SDSU has the ball, concessions should send multiple sellers of bacon on every set of steps. Everyone yelling “here” as loud as possible will be like multiple jets taking off.

Don't ask me to yell in tune. I joined the band in jr. high just so I wouldn't have to take choir since those were the only two options in parochial school.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    You are absolutely correct - screaming a tone, and then screaming a tone a third, 4th or 5th higher or lower than the person next to you is absolutely prime. In rock and roll they use alot of 4ths and 5ths to make it sound grungier, which they use in more menacing band charts, and choir etc.

When you're yelling and hit a nice 4th or 5th chord with the person next to you, it just sounds louder. So good. The best.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Thunderstruck, ukulele style!

https://youtu.be/CT2IQt-NLak

Anybody else getting tinnitus in their old age? Think the dome contributes?
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Anybody else getting tinnitus in their old age? Think the dome contributes?
    Yep. Lots of rock concerts did it too.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by rosh View Post
    Thunderstruck, ukulele style!

https://youtu.be/CT2IQt-NLak
    Wrong thread, dammit!

AC/DC to the West Lot ……………….. All ThM Approved Backup Acts …………... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...09#post1123609

Do a search on Iceland Viking thunderclap
    Would be a great add in the dome

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yep. Lots of rock concerts did it too.
    Rock concerts and loud headphones.
    It's OK to not be OK.