Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Default Re: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    That being said, I've seen a few iterations of the chanting back and forth and regardless of who's doing it, I've always been impressed with it.

ND! - SU!

A lot more natural than "Montana! .............. Grizzlies!"
    MIZ--ZOU MIZ-ZOU MIZ-ZOU MIZURAAH MIZURAAH MIZURAAH TIGERS. Circa 1975. Okay, you would have had to be there.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Doesn't it mean 'Good drinking' or some such?
    Yeah, basically "Cheers!" The Vikes should have one side of the stadium yell "Uff" and then the other side yell "Da" every time they pull a Viking. They should pass the Icelandic war clap onto a program worthy of it.

Note: When I say the Vikings are dead to me (and have been for 20 years or so), I really meant it. I would watch a marathon of the BBC's Watercolour Challenge re-runs before a Vikings game (unless it's against Wentz's Eagles.)

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That being said, I've seen a few iterations of the chanting back and forth and regardless of who's doing it, I've always been impressed with it.

ND! - SU!

A lot more natural than "Montana! .............. Grizzlies!"
    Could do what Iowa does and have each side of the building get a letter. N D S U gets faster like four times around and finishes with everyone yelling bison together. Bam new tradition

TIL this is NOT the Viking's cheer.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I did not know that. The Vikings think that "Skol" is a war chant? Surprised they didn't use "uff da."

Anyway, now I'm not sure that I want NDSU to adopt something that the Vikings have tainted with their despair, futility and failure. The Vikes will remain dead to me until they draft a Bison player.
    They stole it from Iceland after the 2016 European Championship in Soccer.

So far the chant hasn't help either team win anything.

In regards to Iceland, they do have a pretty good World Strongest Man pipeline, and of course, Björk.
    Hail the BISON!!!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's pretty cool at the stadium. Not as good as the original but still good.

The gjallarhorn is just stupid. I liked the old one in the Metrodome better. Though I do like the honorary thing they do now I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I know, what a failure. Time for plan B I guess.

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=NoDak;1241715]We have all read about how the noise affects opposing teams, particularly those who aren't used to it. This is especially common in the playoffs. Just curious if anyone knows exactly what the effect is. The assumption seems to be that it makes communication difficult and potentially leads to false-starts on the offensive line as they can't hear the Quarterback as well as usual as an example of a "communication problem."

First off, if it is a purely communication thing then there are mechanical ways around this that a competent team shouldn't have significant problems with.

TALON - Unless their QB is calling an autible. As far as snap count the QB may have to give it the down, set hike.

Second, if it is a communication thing it should be at its most effective EARLY in the game when the team hasn't had any chance to get used to the noise level and adjust to it and become more accustomed to their work arounds.

TALON - Your Bison defense should have no problems, but if the opponents offense takes a full half to correct for the noise the Bison have the game in the bag.

Finally, if it is a communication thing then why are *(conference) opponents seem so much less effected by it?

TALON - because they know what to expect in the Fargo Dome and have prepared better for it.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Or one half yells "Beat the!" and the other half yell" "F'Hawkers!" with clips from Meet the Fokkers on the big screens.

Ok hear me out guys....

How about half the stadium yells "Montana!" and then the other half of the stadium yells "Grizzlies!"

And then, after every victory, we play "new york, new york" on the PA system?!

All jokes aside, I'm always interested in adding more game day traditions. When the vikings added the thunderclap, it came with mixed reviews, and now its actually incredible.
    Thats the thing with these gameday traditions.

Lets imagine a world where we dont yell "First down! ooo move those chains"... and then I came here and said "do you know what would be REALLY cool? if we yelled "First down, move those chains on every single first down!"

NO ONE, and I mean noooooo one would think that would be a cool thing to add.. Just food for thought before someone laughs at the next thing someone suggests
    It's OK to not be OK.

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    They stole it from Iceland after the 2016 European Championship in Soccer.

In regards to Iceland, they do have a pretty good World Strongest Man pipeline, and of course, Björk.
    Darn stealers of an Icelandic chant!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I did not know that. The Vikings think that "Skol" is a war chant? Surprised they didn't use "uff da."

Anyway, now I'm not sure that I want NDSU to adopt something that the Vikings have tainted with their despair, futility and failure. The Vikes will remain dead to me until they draft a Bison player.
    Hmmm, latest mock draft at Daily Norseman

Rd 1: OT Jawaan Taylor, Florida

Rd 7: QB Easton Stick, NDSU
    Vikings back-up QB Trevor Siemian signed elsewhere as a free agent so Minnesota only has 2 QB’s under contract (Kirk Cousins & 3rd year guy Kyle Sloter).
    Need a developmental QB......