Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Effect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Default Re: Affect of Noise at the Fargo Dome

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    GSouth part II (best crowd noise game arguably ever in the FD) I think crowd noise allowed us to win that game. Communication is important, and making them use hand signals gets to be tough especially if they haven't used them much all year.
    I would say yes, as a false start puts in them in 3rd and 7 instead of 3rd and 2 or 2nd and 15 instead of 2nd 10. Also a missed blocking assignement can cause a turnover pretty easily when running the option.

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    I would say yes, as a false start puts in them in 3rd and 7 instead of 3rd and 2 or 2nd and 15 instead of 2nd 10. Also a missed blocking assignement can cause a turnover pretty easily when running the option.
    Missed tackling assignments can result in long TD runs. We need to defense to have a Colten Heagle/Grant Olson type game.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    What affect will noise have with a triple option team? I could be wrong, but seems communication is important.
    Not only communication, but timing and coming off the ball quick are also important aspects of the TO. Crowd noise has an affect on both of those.

My opinion the biggest effect that the crowd noise has is on the D line being able to shoot off the ball. The false starts and the pain in the arse that it is to audible is a nice little side benefit!!!!

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The people that sat around us at the game were much more into it than the regular season ticket holders that usually sit in those seats. Hope they come back on Saturday.

I agree with Herdbot! The noise Sat was "Ok" at best. I've heard it MUCH louder in there Dammit!!! COME ON Bison fans....where the HELL are you?!??! We need to get our 130db "Mojo" back for God's sake!

Like I said, noise was better, but that's ALL I'm saying. If we want ring #6....ACT LIKE IT!!! Put your YELL where your mouth is!! People are starting to think texting constantly is helping.....

Faron
    Four-Seasons Maui @ Wailea.

It was quiet at the top of the west side right on the 50. Other than Mrs. Hammerhead and Me, there were only a few others I could see trying to make any noise in our section. Not that the outcome was in doubt for most of the game.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It was quiet at the top of the west side right on the 50. Other than Mrs. Hammerhead and Me, there were only a few others I could see trying to make any noise in our section. Not that the outcome was in doubt for most of the game.
    In the north endzone, I saw people around us that I've never seen before and empty seats as well. I could tell they were a little irritated all the times I stood to cheer. Given the fact that tickets were available for purchase most of the week leads me to believe a few things.

A) Fans knew it wouldn't be a close game and opted to sell or give up tickets game 1.
    B) The demand has dropped significantly for a ticket and that can be for many different reasons (I read another thread about fans being spoiled)

But like 80ALUM stated, the non regular fans around them made more noise. So opposite my situation I guess. We can analyze why or why not all day, more competitve games, financial interest in Frisco, etc. All we can do is make as much noise as possible and hope they join in at some point. I'm not telling anyone to cheer but I'm certainly not going to listen to anyone telling me to sit down either.

Good post Stpaulbison! I was in the N Endzone too, in the handicap section unfortunately (3 screws in foot on 11-2-17...6 wks non-weightbearing). I was kinda shocked when you said people were irritated when you were standing/cheering?!??!! OMG!!! It seemed like most people around my "platform" were cheering.

We've been trying hard to get season-tickets for years now, but never successful. At least we'd be yelling.....AND STAYING THE WHOLE GAME!!!! Oh well. Gotta keep scrambling for tix I guess.... Anybody have any hints? We hardly have bottomless pockets, but not broke either.

Faron
    Four-Seasons Maui @ Wailea.

Quote Originally Posted by Faron79 View Post
    Good post Stpaulbison! I was in the N Endzone too, in the handicap section unfortunately (3 screws in foot on 11-2-17...6 wks non-weightbearing). I was kinda shocked when you said people were irritated when you were standing/cheering?!??!! OMG!!! It seemed like most people around my "platform" were cheering.

We've been trying hard to get season-tickets for years now, but never successful. At least we'd be yelling.....AND STAYING THE WHOLE GAME!!!! Oh well. Gotta keep scrambling for tix I guess.... Anybody have any hints? We hardly have bottomless pockets, but not broke either.

Faron
    Were you in section 29? We've been in that section for 10+ years and it is by far one of the best sections when it comes to fans cheering. Our tickets are right in front of the handicap platform.