Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HERO Sports staff bracket predictions

Default Re: HERO Sports staff bracket predictions

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    i am not sure who i dislike more....sdsu or jmu
    I'd root for SDSU in that matchup for a couple reasons - Show the rest of FCS what conference is truly the best, I don't want JMU starting a long run of championships or even championship appearances and I know SDSU will fail at staying on top so one and done for them has more positives for me than JMU back in the chipper.

Still dislike SDSU way more - the only reason I find myself disliking the Dukes is jealousy.

Tampa area, Florida - where NDSU mines its Sunshine State talent

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I don't think SDSU or WIU is going to be phased by JMU's homefield advantage. They've both played well in our house and both teams have FBS cred, especially SDSU who went down to TCU last year and put up a ton of points.
    Good point
    Cover FCS nationally for HERO Sports, including recruiting coverage. My background is 5 years with The Sporting News as a national recruiting writer, and I just finished a 7-year stint selecting the PARADE All-America teams. Enjoy talking to FCS fans. Hit me up on Twitter @BrianMacWriter or on email at brian.mclaughlin@herosports.com.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I'd root for SDSU in that matchup for a couple reasons - Show the rest of FCS what conference is truly the best, I don't want JMU starting a long run of championships or even championship appearances and I know SDSU will fail at staying on top so one and done for them has more positives for me than JMU back in the chipper.

Still dislike SDSU way more - the only reason I find myself disliking the Dukes is jealousy.
    That and the fact it would be seat gate all over again...just in reverse. that would be fun! Not sure stig has the chops to get it done tho.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    That and the fact it would be seat gate all over again...just in reverse. that would be fun! Not sure stig has the chops to get it done tho.
    I predict ol' stig will out-stig himself at least once during the playoffs and potentially cost them a game because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I predict ol' stig will out-stig himself at least once during the playoffs and potentially cost them a game because of it.
    Plus Stig will likely have zero issues with concussions, so that will help them. (Lots of purple)
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

What??? Nobody is suggesting UNI as the spoiler on JMU's side of the bracket? You never know... they could go on one a crazy spoiler journey like YSU, only to self destruct in Frisco, like they always do.

Unlikely? Yes, but it could happen.

You know UNI/Farley history in the playoffs. They lost to the Patriot league champ in the 1st round at home. (Lehigh)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/1...f-predictions/

I agree with most of what Mike is saying, but when it comes to SDSU vs JMU, one thing that is not talked about is Stieg's ability to throw something new surprises the opposing teams haven't seen on film and TRICK PLAYS. We have been burnt by his trick plays every year. JMU might potentially play the Jacks for the 1st time and they may not be ready for this. This might be the difference maker when these two teams meet, I think.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/1...f-predictions/

I agree with most of what Mike is saying, but when it comes to SDSU vs JMU, one thing that is not talked about is Stieg's ability to throw something new surprises the opposing teams haven't seen on film and TRICK PLAYS. We have been burnt by his trick plays every year. JMU might potentially play the Jacks for the 1st time and they may not be ready for this. This might be the difference maker when these two teams meet, I think.
    You should warn them that stig is a waskewy wabbit.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Nel360 View Post
    You know UNI/Farley history in the playoffs. They lost to the Patriot league champ in the 1st round at home. (Lehigh)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    If they schedule a PED tests before the game and make these Purple Cats pee in a solo cup before the game, I will guarantee you half of them wont even come of the locker room after this.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"