Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HERO Sports staff bracket predictions

Tampa area, Florida - where NDSU mines its Sunshine State talent

Default HERO Sports staff bracket predictions

One of our guys sees NDSU back up on the saddle this year. Certainly a distinct possibility.

https://herosports.com/fcs/playoff-b...ison-ndsu-ajaj
    Cover FCS nationally for HERO Sports, including recruiting coverage. My background is 5 years with The Sporting News as a national recruiting writer, and I just finished a 7-year stint selecting the PARADE All-America teams. Enjoy talking to FCS fans. Hit me up on Twitter @BrianMacWriter or on email at brian.mclaughlin@herosports.com.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: HERO Sports staff bracket predictions

Thanks for the heads up Brian. Loads of interesting FCS coverage from you, Sam and others on Hero Sports. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Brian. Loads of interesting FCS coverage from you, Sam and others on Hero Sports. Keep up the good work!
    Sam Herder is the man and we are LUCKY to have him in Fargo too. He obviously knows NDSU and the Valley in and out.

My predictions back this up: The Valley is going to be a buzzsaw as a collective in this bracket. We just did a radio show with the JMU folks and I think WIU and SDSU will give the Dukes great games should those matchups materialize before Frisco. They look forward to those challenges. Going to be a helluva playoff season and we're ready for it.
    Cover FCS nationally for HERO Sports, including recruiting coverage. My background is 5 years with The Sporting News as a national recruiting writer, and I just finished a 7-year stint selecting the PARADE All-America teams. Enjoy talking to FCS fans. Hit me up on Twitter @BrianMacWriter or on email at brian.mclaughlin@herosports.com.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMac_HERO-SPORTS View Post
    Sam Herder is the man and we are LUCKY to have him in Fargo too. He obviously knows NDSU and the Valley in and out.

My predictions back this up: The Valley is going to be a buzzsaw as a collective in this bracket. We just did a radio show with the JMU folks and I think WIU and SDSU will give the Dukes great games should those matchups materialize before Frisco. They look forward to those challenges. Going to be a helluva playoff season and we're ready for it.
    All I know, is if JMU/SDSU play in the semis, that will be MUST SEE TV. Looking forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    All I know, is if JMU/SDSU play in the semis, that will be MUST SEE TV. Looking forward to that.
    Yeah, I have a feeling NDSU may miss out on the Friday night semifinal game this year if they make it that far. Undefeated JMU vs SDSU (or even UCA) is probably going to be a more attractive semifinal than NDSU vs unseeded team in the other semi.

NDSU vs SDSU in Frisco. Stick wins first of two National Championships as a starter.

WIU always seems to have great interior line play, a great playoff asset. My crystal ball see's them tripping JMU in a very low scoring game 10-7.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    WIU always seems to have great interior line play, a great playoff asset. My crystal ball see's them tripping JMU in a very low scoring game 10-7.
    I think either of the Valley teams has a chance to go to JMU and cause serious problems. The quarters and semis will be massive challenges for the Dukes. But also ... seeing their homefield advantage? That's big too. For an outsider like me? It's all fun to watch. I like to write about 3 points games, not 40 point games deep in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMac_HERO-SPORTS View Post
    I think either of the Valley teams has a chance to go to JMU and cause serious problems. The quarters and semis will be massive challenges for the Dukes. But also ... seeing their homefield advantage? That's big too. For an outsider like me? It's all fun to watch. I like to write about 3 points games, not 40 point games deep in the playoffs.
    I don't think SDSU or WIU is going to be phased by JMU's homefield advantage. They've both played well in our house and both teams have FBS cred, especially SDSU who went down to TCU last year and put up a ton of points.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

i am not sure who i dislike more....sdsu or jmu