Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bob Stitt out at Montana

Default Re: Stitt Out at Montana

this is how far theyve fallen into irrelevancy...im the first to post in this thread in 2 hours

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    this is how far theyve fallen into irrelevancy...im the first to post in this thread in 2 hours
    Well there is another thread on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    There is another thread with more activity
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Default Re: Bob Stitt out at Montana

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Stitt and Bubba are very similar, too mediocre coaches that are out of their league at the FCS level.

Oddly though both have this cult like following at their respective schools.
    Mediocre DI (FCS) coaches, but decent DII coaches.
    Hail the BISON!!!

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bob Stitt out at Montana

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    That's one vote for mediocrity, got it.
    Yes, that's exactly what pointing out the difference in where the two programs were at the time of hiring is. Great comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Well there is another thread on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    There is another thread with more activity

Bobs "bitch" Titt is a horrible gimmick coach who doesn't believe in fundamental things like running the football, using a tight end, playing field position, punting, time of possession, and playing actual defense. It was a terrible marriage since Griz fans are much like Bison fans and appreciate good football and defense. Bob is more concerned with looking like a genius than actually winning

That first win was a fluke and was later proven during the beat down in the playoffs.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Bobs "bitch" Titt is a horrible gimmick coach who doesn't believe in fundamental things like running the football, using a tight end, playing field position, and playing actual defense. It was a terrible marriage since Griz fans are much like Bison fans and appreciate good football and defense. Bob is more concerned with looking like a genius than actually winning

That first win was a fluke and was later proven during the beat down in the playoffs.
    wasn't really a fluke we were the first team to play them and the gimmick Stitt offense no film and no real way to practice it, second time around with lots of game film it was easy
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Yeah, I was lurking over at egriz and this post pretty much lays out Stitt's issues perfectly...

Stitt's offense is not built to sustain drives or control the ball. It's not built for the RZ. It's built for big plays which D1 defenses can take away. His program is not built for excellence in defense or special teams. It's built for beating up on weak teams and winning about 60% of the games overall. It's not built for winning conference titles or championships. That is not Montana.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Bobs "bitch" Titt is a horrible gimmick coach who doesn't believe in fundamental things like running the football, using a tight end, playing field position, and playing actual defense. It was a terrible marriage since Griz fans are much like Bison fans and appreciate good football and defense. Bob is more concerned with looking like a genius than actually winning

Griz actually ran the ball about 20-30 more times than passed this year. You’re correct on the Defense comment tho. Had Stitt emphasized D more and simply ran a no-huddle offense without the need to hurry the snap every play, I think his system might have worked better.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.