Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Playoff First Round Thread

Default Re: FCS Playoff First Round Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    He must be moving up at ESPN and no longer calling "junior varsity" games.
    He's pretty good, and in my opinion, better than many of the play by play/color commentators that do the prime time games (college and professionally).
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I don't think SDSU has the balance to beat JMU. JMU is the only team in the field with a dominant defense and their offense is better than people think. I doubt the Jacks make it to 17pts against JMU
    I certainly disagree with that. You may think I am overestimating the MVFC here, but SDSU had arguably the best offense in the best conference in all of football. If NDSU played in the CAA, nobody would have scored on us either. I think SDSU can certainly hang with JMU. That would be a great game to watch.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TinyBisonFan View Post
    I certainly disagree with that. You may think I am overestimating the MVFC here, but SDSU had arguably the best offense in the best conference in all of football. If NDSU played in the CAA, nobody would have scored on us either. I think SDSU can certainly hang with JMU. That would be a great game to watch.
    Maybe, I could be overestimating JMU. Playoffs will prove one way or other. I'm just glad they spread the MVC out better this time

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Maybe, I could be overestimating JMU. Playoffs will prove one way or other. I'm just glad they spread the MVC out better this time
    Absolutely. I am just hoping that the MVFC lives up to the hype they have gotten all season. Should be a great playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    He must be moving up at ESPN and no longer calling "junior varsity" games.
    There is something about having Anish and Ahmad Brooks calling NDSU playoff games on ESPN that is very comforting. They are both pros and know what they are talking about. Maybe its cuz they have called a bunch of them and we are just used to it the last 6 years!!

Anish mentioned wanting to come to a Bison game and just hang out and tailgate someday. Could only imagine the red carpet treatment he would get.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan 17 View Post
    There is something about having Anish and Ahmad Brooks calling NDSU playoff games on ESPN that is very comforting. They are both pros and know what they are talking about. Maybe its cuz they have called a bunch of them and we are just used to it the last 6 years!!

Anish mentioned wanting to come to a Bison game and just hang out and tailgate someday. Could only imagine the red carpet treatment he would get.
    I imagine Anish throwing down jag bombs with SD, heading over to the Frisco Cruiser for Endzone Bombs...and then getting kicked out of Section 21 for disorderly conduct.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TinyBisonFan View Post
    Personally, I'm having a hard time figuring out hard good JMU's defense is due to their schedule. I feel they're pretty good, but wouldn't be as good if they played in the MVFC.

On a similar note, how does JSU's defense get so much praise playing in a crappy conference?

Lastly, SDSU's offense gets way too much praise on this board compared to NDSU's offense, despite the numbers showing they're pretty close to each other (http://www.espn.com/college-football...ngs/_/view/fcs)

I'm looking forward to NDSU making another run for the National Championship, which I feel will end up with us storming the field.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Personally, I'm having a hard time figuring out hard good JMU's defense is due to their schedule. I feel they're pretty good, but wouldn't be as good if they played in the MVFC.

On a similar note, how does JSU's defense get so much praise playing in a crappy conference?

Lastly, SDSU's offense gets way too much praise on this board compared to NDSU's offense, despite the numbers showing they're pretty close to each other (http://www.espn.com/college-football...ngs/_/view/fcs)

I'm looking forward to NDSU making another run for the National Championship, which I feel will end up with us storming the field.
    They played 2 teams in the top 25 and zero in the top 10.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The bracket is set, the Bison have a bye....may as well breakdown some of the match ups. WIU at Weber State looks like the marquee matchup...

Furman(7-4) at Elon(8-3) noon
    -Winner goes to Wofford

CCSU(8-3) at UNH(7-4) 1:00 pm
    -Winner goes to UCA

Samford(8-3) at Kennesaw State(10-1) 1:00 pm
    -Winner goes to JSU

Lehigh(5-6) at Stony Brook(9-2) 1:00 pm
    -Winner goes to JMU

WIU(8-3) at Weber State(9-2) 3:00 pm
    -Winner goes to SUU

USD(7-4) at Nicholls(8-3) 3:00 pm
    -Winner goes to SHSU

Monmouth(9-2) at UNI(7-4) 4:00 pm
    -Winner goes to SDSU

San Diego(9-2) at NAU(7-4) 7:00 pm
    -Winner goes to NDSU
    MY FIRST ROUND PICKS WITH SCORES

Stony Brook 34 Lehigh 13

Western Illinois 28 Weber St. 17

Northern Iowa 42 Monmouth 6

New Hampshire 33 Central Connecticut St. 20

Samford 27 Kennesaw St. 14

South Dakota 28 Nicholls St. 16

Elon 35 Furman 27

Northern Arizona 24 San Diego 20

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    They played 2 teams in the top 25 and zero in the top 10.
    JMU or JSU? I'm guessing JSU.
    Hail the BISON!!!