Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Bracketology

Default Re: Final Bracketology

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It was clearly just an ingenious ploy to throw the SDSU game since they knew with a loss they would a) still be outright conference champs and b) still be a top 2 seed in the playoffs. Additionally, they were sick of beating SDSU in the early rounds of the playoffs and knew a win over NDSU would give those dirty jacks the boost they needed to be seeded high enough to get on the opposite of the bracket. It further made sense with JSU and SHSU trending into the #3 and #6 spots since it meant the #2 seed would have an easier route to Frisco than even the #1 seed would (and an 11-0 Bison squad would've been dangerously close to overtaking JMU for that #1 spot). And to top it all off if, by some miracle, SDSU made it all the way to Frisco there would be no better way to ultimately crush their spirits than to win a game with a much more important trophy than a rock on the line. It really was an ingenious plan. The only risk involved was counting on SDSU not to shit the bed in their last two games and get knocked out of the seeds but, luckily, they held up their end of the bargain.

I heard all this from my NCAA contact in Dallas. Just figured I would share so you all would know.
    Posted by Gojax123
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It was clearly just an ingenious ploy to throw the SDSU game since they knew with a loss they would a) still be outright conference champs and b) still be a top 2 seed in the playoffs. Additionally, they were sick of beating SDSU in the early rounds of the playoffs and knew a win over NDSU would give those dirty jacks the boost they needed to be seeded high enough to get on the opposite of the bracket. It further made sense with JSU and SHSU trending into the #3 and #6 spots since it meant the #2 seed would have an easier route to Frisco than even the #1 seed would (and an 11-0 Bison squad would've been dangerously close to overtaking JMU for that #1 spot). And to top it all off if, by some miracle, SDSU made it all the way to Frisco there would be no better way to ultimately crush their spirits than to win a game with a much more important trophy than a rock on the line. It really was an ingenious plan. The only risk involved was counting on SDSU not to shit the bed in their last two games and get knocked out of the seeds but, luckily, they held up their end of the bargain.

I heard all this from my NCAA contact in Dallas. Just figured I would share so you all would know.

Brilliant!!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Check out some Nicholls State highlights. They lead the FCS in BMI.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Check out some Nicholls State highlights. They lead the FCS in BMI.
    Well in their defense there is a ton of delicious fried foods down in that part of the country.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Well in their defense there is a ton of delicious fried foods down in that part of the country.
    Even Thibodaux has some pretty impressive restaurants. I would not feel bad about having to have a meal there before or after a football game. The NOLA influence is a good thing in that regard.

Here's my predictions:

Hail the BISON!!!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One interesting aspect if the bracket shakes out this way. The MVFC has two crews working the first two weeks of the playoffs. I have several friends on both crews. If this happens they won't be eligible for any more games since the last 3 rounds every game would include a MVFC team. Because of the success of the conference especially Bison) a MVFC crew hasn't worked a national championship game in 11 seasons!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    One interesting aspect if the bracket shakes out this way. The MVFC has two crews working the first two weeks of the playoffs. I have several friends on both crews. If this happens they won't be eligible for any more games since the last 3 rounds every game would include a MVFC team. Because of the success of the conference especially Bison) a MVFC crew hasn't worked a national championship game in 11 seasons!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    One thing I don't get about the conference crew officiating rules is why an MVFC crew couldn't do a playoff game that involved two MVFC teams. I understand why they don't allow it if it's one MVFC team and a team from another conference but when it's two MVFC teams there shouldn't be any bias or advantage for either team. In fact, I'd think it would lead to a more evenly officiated/played game since the officials and the teams already have a level of familiarity with each other.

Alas, it would probably make too much sense for the NCAA to ever consider amending the rule.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good picks, but I'm thinking Samford could win a couple games due to an good and experienced QB.

My pick is Ndsu vs Sdsu