Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Bracketology

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Final Bracketology

There shouldn't be any more than 3 Big Sky teams in the bracket and there should be at least 5 MVFC teams that are in. The Bison should at least be #2. For there it doesn't really matter.

Nothing that employees of forum companies 'report' regarding NDSU can be believed or trusted as honest opinion.

I think we deserve the 2 seed, however weren’t we the 3 seed last year with a fbs win. Didn’t the committee use some b.s. “quality loss” criteria last year? If they do it the same this year I would not doubt we are 3 or possibly 4.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

The mvfc hasn't had an out right champion since 2013. This should be taken into consideration.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Agreed. It just perpetuates the laziness of the first couple committee rankings and, if anything, helps the committee justify a really bad take. I have no idea how they can think JSU deserves to be ranked ahead of NDSU but UCA doesn't. JSU beat one team that might get playoff consideration and that's Austin Peay. UCA beat a likely seeded SHSU team and a McNeese team that looks to be safely on the right side of the bubble. If they're gonna put JSU in front of NDSU they should put UCA in front also. So why do Haley and Izzo think the committe will jump UCA but not JSU (both were ranked in front of NDSU in the committee's last ranking release)? How it should be is NDSU at 2, UCA at 3, and JSU at 4.

But then you have JSU's AD on the selection committee.....

I know... he has to leave the room when they officially discuss his team but he was on the committee last year too when they overseeded JSU. If they do it again this year there's no denying the trend here.
    This is pretty good info. If they put ndsu up in front it likely due to SoS. So then UCA should really go in front too.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonforever View Post
    I really like this bracket! Although, I think the Big Fluffy AQ(SUU) should be be seeded.
    They are #7 in that bracket. The controversial decision there is not seeding 10-1 SHSU. Especially when they are seeding a 3 loss WIU.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I like this bracket. Except having to go to JSU.
    Exactly.........

Quote Originally Posted by bkit29 View Post
    I think we deserve the 2 seed, however weren’t we the 3 seed last year with a fbs win. Didn’t the committee use some b.s. “quality loss” criteria last year? If they do it the same this year I would not doubt we are 3 or possibly 4.
    Quality loss was a factor. I have a feeling it will be used again. IMO a loss is a loss.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not gonna go into a whole bracket but I bet they go

E
    3. North Dakota State vs. EWU/USD
    6. South Dakota State vs. shit east coast school/UNI

So many bus rides in that scenario. Probably will even go

7. SUU vs. San Diego/Weber St.

They will throw WIU on the other side of the bracket to satisfy their rule.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Quality loss was a factor. I have a feeling it will be used again. IMO a loss is a loss.
    If the term “quality loss” is actually used by someone on the committee there needs to be a serious look at what we’re doing here. As for the JSU AD ‘leaving the room’, I saw enough head scratching placements of UNH a few years back to believe there’s still plenty of bias.