Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: Final Bracketology

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Final Bracketology

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, the Saturday 11AM game is the premier TV spot for quarterfinal weekend since it's on ESPN not the deuce. I don't know if school's really have a choice in the matter. I remember back in 2011 NDSU asked ESPN to make them the Saturday semifinal so they could have commencement in the dome as scheduled on Friday but I think ESPN could've told them to go pound sand you're playing on Friday night if they really wanted to. Ever since then they've made sure that commencement is not scheduled to be held at the dome.

I think an NDSU/JSU or NDSU/SHSU would be a pretty attractive semifinal though. It would be interesting to see who they would choose for the Friday night semi (gotta get there first too).
    man we are playing on both sides of the bracket this year, holy!

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Friday night is the premier TV slot because it is during the prime time viewing period, not so much a Saturday morning slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    man we are playing on both sides of the bracket this year, holy!
    JSU = Jacksonville State. JMU = Team I want to see the Bison beat in Frisco.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    The Friday night is the premier TV slot because it is during the prime time viewing period, not so much a Saturday morning slot.
    There's a reason why the Saturday morning 11AM quarterfinal has drawn a higher rating and attracted more eyeballs than the Friday night semifinal every year the Bison have played in both games (which is every year in the last 4) and that's because it's on the mothership rather than the deuce. They're not dumb, they put what they think the most attractive games are in the best timeslots. I mean in 2013 their Friday night quarterfinal was Eastern Illinois and Towson in front of about 3,000 fans at an ugly ass field and the next morning at 11AM was two time defending champ and newly christened ESPN FCS darling NDSU vs Coastal Carolina.

NDSUstudent has a thread with all the TV ratings for the national games the Bison have played over the last few years here: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...all-TV-Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    JSU = Jacksonville State. JMU = Team I want to see the Bison beat in Frisco.
    Dont care who we play. I just want us to be there.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

There's a reason why the Saturday morning 11AM quarterfinal has drawn a higher rating and attracted more eyeballs than the Friday night semifinal every year the Bison have played in both games (which is every year in the last 4) and that's because it's on the mothership rather than the deuce. They're not dumb, they put what they think the most attractive games are in the best timeslots. I mean in 2013 their Friday night quarterfinal was Eastern Illinois and Towson in front of about 3,000 fans at an ugly ass field and the next morning at 11AM was two time defending champ and newly christened ESPN FCS darling NDSU vs Coastal Carolina.

NDSUstudent has a thread with all the TV ratings for the national games the Bison have played over the last few years here: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...all-TV-Ratings
    And Friday they're going against Nba. Which, Fcs will never outdraw

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What are you talking about? Last years semifinal game on ESPN2 was the second highest rated sports broadcast for Friday, December 16. https://sportstvratings.com/lakers-7...-16-2016/7110/

ESPN will put their choice FCS game in the primetime Friday night slot and it doesn't matter if it is the mother ship or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    What are you talking about? Last years semifinal game on ESPN2 was the second highest rated sports broadcast for Friday, December 16. https://sportstvratings.com/lakers-7...-16-2016/7110/

ESPN will put their choice FCS game in the primetime Friday night slot and it doesn't matter if it is the mother ship or 2.
    Did you bother to click the link I posted? Last year the SDSU/NDSU quarterfinal drew 1.984 million viewers (which I think was either the most of 2nd most ever for an FCS football game) and the NDSU/JMU semi drew 1.065 million viewers or roughly half the viewers despite being a more meaningful (and historic) game. The Friday night quarterfinal last year on ESPN2 between JMU and SHSU drew 509k or roughly a quarter of the NDSU/SDSU viewership the next day.

Friday night is the worst night of the week for TV viewership and ESPN knows it. That's why the premier TV slot for the quarterfinals (and really throughout the playoffs since it's the only game on the big network) is absolutely the 11AM Saturday quarterfinal on ESPN.

It's pretty easy to see where they put the "choice matchup" in the quarterfinals if you just look at what they've done in previous years:

2013: Friday night ESPN2 (Towson @ Eastern Illinois), Saturday morning 11AM on ESPN (Coastal Carolina @ NDSU)
    2014: Friday night ESPN2 (Chattanooga @ New Hampshire), Saturday morning 11AM on ESPN (Coastal Carolina @ NDSU)
    2015: Friday night ESPN2 (Charleston Southern @ Jacksonville St), Saturday morning 11AM on ESPN (UNI @ NDSU)
    2016: Friday night ESPN2 (SHSU @ JMU), Saturday morning 11AM on ESPN (SDSU @ NDSU)

Did you bother to click the link I posted? Last year the SDSU/NDSU quarterfinal drew 1.984 million viewers (which I think was either the most of 2nd most ever for an FCS football game) and the NDSU/JMU semi drew 1.065 million viewers or roughly half the viewers despite being a more meaningful (and historic) game. The Friday night quarterfinal last year on ESPN2 between JMU and SHSU drew 509k or roughly a quarter of the NDSU/SDSU viewership the next day.

Friday night is the worst night of the week for TV viewership and ESPN knows it. That's why the premier TV slot for the quarterfinals (and really throughout the playoffs since it's the only game on the big network) is absolutely the 11AM Saturday quarterfinal on ESPN.
    Coaches will always want the Saturday morning game. Few more hours to recover for players and plan by coaches. Although I do love Friday night lights.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Just give me one Friday night tailgate, please..
    530 am tailgates is for the birds