Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Bracketology

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Final Bracketology

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    One thing I don't get about the conference crew officiating rules is why an MVFC crew couldn't do a playoff game that involved two MVFC teams. I understand why they don't allow it if it's one MVFC team and a team from another conference but when it's two MVFC teams there shouldn't be any bias or advantage for either team. In fact, I'd think it would lead to a more evenly officiated/played game since the officials and the teams already have a level of familiarity with each other.

Alas, it would probably make too much sense for the NCAA to ever consider amending the rule.
    MVFC vs MVFC with CAA officials makes so much more sense....

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    MVFC vs MVFC with CAA officials makes so much more sense....
    I'll take CAA over MEAC.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    One thing I don't get about the conference crew officiating rules is why an MVFC crew couldn't do a playoff game that involved two MVFC teams. I understand why they don't allow it if it's one MVFC team and a team from another conference but when it's two MVFC teams there shouldn't be any bias or advantage for either team. In fact, I'd think it would lead to a more evenly officiated/played game since the officials and the teams already have a level of familiarity with each other.

Alas, it would probably make too much sense for the NCAA to ever consider amending the rule.
    They might consider that if only because it would allow a MVFC crew a chance to work a championship. Playoffs are a major recognition for officials and the opportunity to work outside their normal conference is a cool aspect of it. A MVFC crew working UNI at NDSU in the playoffs is less of an honor. But they could possibly do it. I don't know that's is absolutely not allowed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Why was the umpire in the offensive backfield for the USD Nicholls game? Only posting here seeing IndyBison posting.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Why was the umpire in the offensive backfield for the USD Nicholls game? Only posting here seeing IndyBison posting.
    I know some states have started to put the umpire in the offensive backfield for HS like the NFL on an experimental basis. Maybe the conference working this game is doing a similar experiment so they were allowed to continue it in the playoff game. I had not heard of that.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I know some states have started to put the umpire in the offensive backfield for HS like the NFL on an experimental basis. Maybe the conference working this game is doing a similar experiment so they were allowed to continue it in the playoff game. I had not heard of that.
    Thanks, had not noticed this with any other crew, so your explanation makes sense.

One of the threads on the JSU fansite discusses how we have a better team because we don't have as much competition in recruiting as they do, apparently the SEC is in their backyard. So I thought that should be looked into a little bit.

JSU is located in Jacksonville, Alabama. The states surrounding Alabama are as follows:
    Alabama - 4.86 mil
    Georgia - 10.31 mil
    Florida - 20.61 mil
    Louisiana - 4.68 mil
    Arkansas - 2.99 mil
    Tennessee - 6.65 mil
    Total - 50.10 million people

NDSU is in Fargo, North Dakota. The states surrounding ND are as follows:
    ND - 0.76 mil
    SD - 0.87 mil
    MN - 5.52 mil
    WI - 5.78 mil
    IA - 3.14 mil
    MT - 1.04 mil
    Total - 17.11 million people

Obviously we have a much easier time recruiting with a much smaller population to pull from and lame recruiting competition from the like of UofMN, UofWI, Iowa, Iowa St., Montana, etc.

Disclaimer: Nebraska should probably get factored into this, as we pull some good talent out of the pipeline from there. That is another 1.91 million people. Also, these are total populations and aren't broken into demographics (age groups).

So assuming we beat USD do people think we'll play next Friday night or next Saturday?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TinyBisonFan View Post
    One of the threads on the JSU fansite discusses how we have a better team because we don't have as much competition in recruiting as they do, apparently the SEC is in their backyard. So I thought that should be looked into a little bit.

JSU is located in Jacksonville, Alabama. The states surrounding Alabama are as follows:
    Alabama - 4.86 mil
    Georgia - 10.31 mil
    Florida - 20.61 mil
    Louisiana - 4.68 mil
    Arkansas - 2.99 mil
    Tennessee - 6.65 mil
    Total - 50.10 million people

NDSU is in Fargo, North Dakota. The states surrounding ND are as follows:
    ND - 0.76 mil
    SD - 0.87 mil
    MN - 5.52 mil
    WI - 5.78 mil
    IA - 3.14 mil
    MT - 1.04 mil
    Total - 17.11 million people

Obviously we have a much easier time recruiting with a much smaller population to pull from and lame recruiting competition from the like of UofMN, UofWI, Iowa, Iowa St., Montana, etc.

Disclaimer: Nebraska should probably get factored into this, as we pull some good talent out of the pipeline from there. That is another 1.91 million people. Also, these are total populations and aren't broken into demographics (age groups).
    The recruiting for Jacksonville has 8 times population but they also have spring ball plus 7 on 7's in summer...Wait that maybe the problem for them is kids in south play football year round and don't play other sports... Watching the Dakota bowl there seems to be more athleticism in ND/MN as kids still play multiple sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    So assuming we beat USD do people think we'll play next Friday night or next Saturday?
    Saturday. 10char