Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Bracketology

Default Re: Final Bracketology

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    I'm referring to the delusion of JSU fans. Sam Houston fans have indeed been put in their place more than enough.
    Sad thing is SHSU has had much more success in the playoffs over the last 10 years than JSU has. Everyone remembers the 62-10 beatdown JSU put on SHSU in the 2015 semis but that was when JSU was the #1 seed and SHSU was unseeded.

What people tend to forget is the year before SHSU went in there unseeded and handled #3 seed JSU easily in JSU's first playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Sad thing is SHSU has had much more success in the playoffs over the last 10 years than JSU has. Everyone remembers the 62-10 beatdown JSU put on SHSU in the 2015 semis but that was when JSU was the #1 seed and SHSU was unseeded.

What people tend to forget is the year before SHSU went in there unseeded and handled #3 seed JSU easily in JSU's first playoff game.
    Very true, SHSU has just suffered some brutal losses that have really hurt their rep. On any given year they are likely a better contender than JSU.

Lets break down the OVC's non-conference playoff success (Probably won't be surprising to folks):

OVC Record Since 2010 By team
    JSU 5-5
    SE Missouri St. 0-1
    Tennessee Tech 0-1
    EKU 0-2
    Eastern Illinois 0-3
    Tennessee St. 1-0

But wait there's more

OVC Against the MVFC in the playoffs
    0-5

-2012 playoffs
    Eastern Illinois (OVC Champ and only OVC team in the field) vs SDSU (MVFC at-large, 2nd place in MVFC) Score 10-58

-2014 playoffs
    EKU (OVC at-large, 2nd place in OVC @ 9-4) vs ISU-B (MVFC at-large, 4th place in MVFC) Score 16-36

-2015 playoffs
    JSU (OVC Champ, #1 seed) vs NDSU (MVFC Co-champ, #3 seed) Score 10-37
    Eastern Illinois (OVC at-large, 2nd place in OVC @ 7-5) vs UNI (MVFC at-large, 2nd place in MVFC @ 9-5) Score 17-53

-2016 playoffs
    JSU (OVC champ, only OVC team in field, #3 seed) vs YSU (MVFC at-large, 2nd place in MVFC, unseeded) Score 24-40

That is a score differential of 224-77 in favor of the MVFC average that out over 5 match-ups that is an avg. score of 45-15

MVFC MIC-DROP

That JSU thread was immensely entertaining. I don't think that they will make it to the Semifinals, but I would like them to just to read the post-game thread of excuses and blame.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyBisonFan View Post
    That JSU thread was immensely entertaining. I don't think that they will make it to the Semifinals, but I would like them to just to read the post-game thread of excuses and blame.

The jacks thread is pretty good as well. It seems like as long as they make it further than they have in past years it's a good year......And I thought my wife settled. FUIWDWUTM

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

But IIRC most of Sammy's wins in the playoffs came against Big Fluffy teams too. Not hard to win against the Fluff.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by OatmealWicket92 View Post
    Lets break down the OVC's non-conference playoff success (Probably won't be surprising to folks):

OVC Record Since 2010 By team
    JSU 5-5
    SE Missouri St. 0-1
    Tennessee Tech 0-1
    EKU 0-2
    Eastern Illinois 0-3
    Tennessee St. 1-0

But wait there's more

OVC Against the MVFC in the playoffs
    0-5

-2012 playoffs
    Eastern Illinois (OVC Champ and only OVC team in the field) vs SDSU (MVFC at-large, 2nd place in MVFC) Score 10-58

-2014 playoffs
    EKU (OVC at-large, 2nd place in OVC @ 9-4) vs ISU-B (MVFC at-large, 4th place in MVFC) Score 16-36

-2015 playoffs
    JSU (OVC Champ, #1 seed) vs NDSU (MVFC Co-champ, #3 seed) Score 10-37
    Eastern Illinois (OVC at-large, 2nd place in OVC @ 7-5) vs UNI (MVFC at-large, 2nd place in MVFC @ 9-5) Score 17-53

-2016 playoffs
    JSU (OVC champ, only OVC team in field, #3 seed) vs YSU (MVFC at-large, 2nd place in MVFC, unseeded) Score 24-40

That is a score differential of 224-77 in favor of the MVFC average that out over 5 match-ups that is an avg. score of 45-15

MVFC MIC-DROP
    Wow never thought it be that bad. 0–5 and average losing by 30. So essential their conference best each year in and out would be bottom 2/3 in MVFc. But hey they need more “respect”. Hahahahahhahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    What's the difference between 2 or 3? To get to Frisco, we would have to play each other anyway. Are they saying there is no way possible they can win in Fargo and no way possible we could win in Jacksonville?

Don't get the bitching. Either way,

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    What's the difference between 2 or 3? To get to Frisco, we would have to play each other anyway. Are they saying there is no way possible they can win in Fargo and no way possible we could win in Jacksonville?

Don't get the bitching. Either way,
    It all about the band!!!!!! NO $$$$$$$$$ to send them to Fargo.

They seem to think them making the semi-finals is a given as well which is the only time the 2/3 distinction is even relevant. I'd gladly bet the field in their quadrant of the bracket making the semis over them. I would not be shocked to seem them lose in the second round, and would be even less surprised to see them lose to the winner of USD/Sam Houston. To me that quadrant has the most question marks of any in the bracket.