Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Final Bracketology

Default Re: Final Bracketology

For those who think we will be on Saturday over JMU, I would encourage you to look up the populations of around JMU and around Fargo. Not to mention JMU is defending champs. We will be Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    For those who think we will be on Saturday over JMU, I would encourage you to look up the populations of around JMU and around Fargo. Not to mention JMU is defending champs. We will be Friday.
    I agree that NDSU is more likely to be the Friday quarterfinal this year but I don't think population has much to do with it. The population density in both places is the same as it was last year when NDSU got the Saturday game and JMU got the Friday game. It'll have more to do with the fact that JMU is the undefeated defending national champ riding a 24 game winning streak. Whether we like it or not they're currently the torchbearer for FCS football... which will make it all the more fun to take that torch from them in Frisco if both teams can make it there.

I don't think the population of the surrounding areas matters to ESPN. Towson, Charleston Southern, and Sam Houston are all near big cities.

JMU should have a packed house to look good on TV so I wouldn't be surprised if they get the Saturday slots if they advance.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I don't think the population of the surrounding areas matters to ESPN. Towson, Charleston Southern, and Sam Houston are all near big cities.

JMU should have a packed house to look good on TV so I wouldn't be surprised if they get the Saturday slots if they advance.
    On semifinal weekend the more attractive matchup usually gets the Friday night slot since that's on ESPN2 and the Saturday afternoon game is on ESPNU. So NDSU could end up playing Friday night next weekend for the quarterfinals and Saturday afternoon the week after for the semifinals if both NDSU and JMU keep winning.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    On semifinal weekend the more attractive matchup usually gets the Friday night slot since that's on ESPN2 and the Saturday afternoon game is on ESPNU. So NDSU could end up playing Friday night next weekend for the quarterfinals and Saturday afternoon the week after for the semifinals if both NDSU and JMU keep winning.
    This is what I am expecting if both JMU and NDSU continue to move on. What time has the Saturday afternoon semifinal been in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    This is what I am expecting if both JMU and NDSU continue to move on. What time has the Saturday afternoon semifinal been in the past?
    3:30PM CT I believe.

EDIT: Actually it looks like that game was a 5:30PM CT kickoff last year (http://ysusports.com/sports/fball/20...es/ewu-preview). Might be more of an early evening kickoff then???

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    Just looked it up- last year's Saturday semifinal game was at 5:30pm CT. On ESPNU.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Oops.

10 char

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.