Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Bracketology

Default Re: Final Bracketology

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    They also ran the ball down that soft SDSU defense's fucking throat. Something Messingham should have gameplanned to do, but decided to get cute instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    That will forever feel like a lost opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Im betting that coach K and Messingham had quite the conversation after the SDSU loss. I think even a lot of casual football minds watched that game and were thinking "WTF". With all the pregame scout reports and stats I read on SDSU in regard to a poor run defense, it still amazes me the play calling in that game. Big Sky Don't Fly with this Guy!!!!
    It was clearly just an ingenious ploy to throw the SDSU game since they knew with a loss they would a) still be outright conference champs and b) still be a top 2 seed in the playoffs. Additionally, they were sick of beating SDSU in the early rounds of the playoffs and knew a win over NDSU would give those dirty jacks the boost they needed to be seeded high enough to get on the opposite of the bracket. It further made sense with JSU and SHSU trending into the #3 and #6 spots since it meant the #2 seed would have an easier route to Frisco than even the #1 seed would (and an 11-0 Bison squad would've been dangerously close to overtaking JMU for that #1 spot). And to top it all off if, by some miracle, SDSU made it all the way to Frisco there would be no better way to ultimately crush their spirits than to win a game with a much more important trophy than a rock on the line. It really was an ingenious plan. The only risk involved was counting on SDSU not to shit the bed in their last two games and get knocked out of the seeds but, luckily, they held up their end of the bargain.

I heard all this from my NCAA contact in Dallas. Just figured I would share so you all would know.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 11-23-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It was clearly just an ingenious ploy to throw the SDSU game since they knew with a loss they would a) still be outright conference champs and b) still be a top 2 seed in the playoffs. Additionally, they were sick of beating SDSU in the early rounds of the playoffs and knew a win over NDSU would give those dirty jacks the boost they needed to be seeded high enough to get on the opposite of the bracket. It further made sense with JSU and SHSU trending into the #3 and #6 spots since it meant the #2 seed would have an easier route to Frisco than even the #1 seed would (and an 11-0 Bison squad would've been dangerously close to overtaking JMU for that #1 spot). And to top it all off if, by some miracle, SDSU made it all the way to Frisco there would be no better way to ultimately crush their spirits than to win a game with a much more important trophy than a rock on the line. It really was an ingenious plan. The only risk involved was counting on SDSU not to shit the bed in their last two games and get knocked out of the seeds but, luckily, they held up their end of the bargain.

I heard all this from my NCAA contact in Dallas. Just figured I would share so you all would know.
    Totally makes sense.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Being that the SDSU game was the only one to feature the Bizzaro version of the NDSU playbook, this might be totally plausible.

Now to go hide my tinfoil hat before someone uses it to wrap up some leftover turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Being that the SDSU game was the only one to feature the Bizzaro version of the NDSU playbook, this might be totally plausible.

Now to go hide my tinfoil hat before someone uses it to wrap up some leftover turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you mean like haveing a true freshman and rhen calling his number in the game at one of the most critcal plays. he has what, 5 plays under is belt.

no need to share, I got my own hat

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

McFeeley picks JMU over NDSU for NC because JMU QB better than NDSU QB.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/436394...ff-predictions
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post

Honestly, I feel McFeeley is often on the wrong side of these calls. I feel better (if that's possible) about NDSU thru the playoffs now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Mcfooly just trolls when he has nothing else to write about.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I don't even know why he travels with the football team. He is not a net contributor
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

His pick for UCA vs Sdsu would likely be spot on. The weather down there would be advantage for them. I don't think anyone should be counting out the Jacks from making Frisco