Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Bracketology

Default Re: Final Bracketology

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I don't know but it may push EWU from wanting to schedule a NDSU ever again. If they are 8-3, regardless of who they played, they are in. They are 7-4 with a FBS loss and a loss to a #2 seed. You are right though, EWU really didn't have any signature wins. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat. NAU one upped them in the winning department with the ISUr win but they did lose to Montana which should have evened that one out. Maybe the committee was tired of looking at teams and NAU made as much sense as any at the time. Even though I think they got it wrong, it wasn't a devastating pick. It was wrong by a little bit. It is too bad they play in a 43 team conference and didn't play each other. The Nicholls State pick might have been the biggest joke.
    Might have been?

The only consolation for the committee on that front is that it screwed up the title odds less than over seeding Wofford, SHSU, Cen. Ark. and Jax. St.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I think the MT loss was not taken all that serious based on how NAU lost. If I recall that was the game that NAU lost their starting QB in the first series and then only loses by 2 points. I think the commitee seen that as more of a "win" than a true loss. Its the only thing I can come up with.
    That would be a poor reason, as MT’s then starting QB (season starter was already done for year) got hurt late in game the week prior and MT played game with its 3rd string QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Well, I think that is a good warning considering that the MVFC might look at splitting. I Could see that happening in the MVFC all the time
    Big Sky is what? 13 teams? Colonial has 12. MVFC is going to 11. They all play 8 conference games, yes? I’m not sure why the MVFC would go to divisions when they haven’t. The Colonial has less of a geography problem, but the Big Sky hasn’t gone to divisions with more teams and longer distances.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    That would be a poor reason, as MT’s then starting QB (season starter was already done for year) got hurt late in game the week prior and MT played game with its 3rd string QB.

I don't disagree. But how do you explain it? BTW, I think the 3rd string is/was better than their starter.

The only things makes any sense is Beating an MV team and not taking the loss to MT all that serious.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Well, they have other things to worry about. They just fired Stitt!
    He peaked too early. His first game.

I don't disagree. But how do you explain it? .
    800 mile difference and SDSU was auto-qualifier who had to play someone out that way who didn’t have a first round bye???

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    800 mile difference and SDSU was auto-qualifier who had to play someone out that way who didn’t have a first round bye???

I like how you think

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    He peaked too early. His first game.
    I guess the DI stage was too big for him. Or Karma for trash talking ES

NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    If the committee would get their shit together from the start we could enjoy several more weeks of that.