Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Bracketology

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Final Bracketology

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Well, they have other things to worry about. They just fired Stitt!
    That took about a year longer than it should have. What a way to ruin a program!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    That took about a year longer than it should have. What a way to ruin a program!
    There were issues deeper than football there but he was a foolish hire. Montana has a pretty proud program history and how they play and he comes in and turns it into a video game.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Why are these Big Sky guys so down on their conference? The committee’s mistake wasn’t taking Northern Arizona over Eastern Washington. It was taking Nicholls State over Eastern Washington. The Big Sky should have had 4 in and the Southland only 2, but some of those clowns are arguing that McNeese should have gotten in as well? They’ve contracted some flavor of Stockholm Syndrome or something. Crazy talk.
    I don't disagree with the EWU over Nicholls but it is still interesting it was Northern Arizona over EWU. I am not saying the committee went into it with the thought the Big Fluffy would only have three, but if it was only going to be three, they kinda did get the wrong three.

If the committee is going to say Northern Arizona is 10-11 spots higher in most computer rankings to justify their decision about what Big Fluffy school, then you are absolutely right Nicholls State had no business in there regardless of their 8 wins. They are like 50 spots away from anyone. I would also like to know if there is any other school in the playoffs, with an at-large bid, who got rocked by almost 50 points by another FCS school. SHSU 66 - Nicholls State 17. ButtAggies.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Wow.......hell of a post there audit. It's as if you like to torture yourself with numbers for hours at a time
    Well, it explains a lot...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I thought the entire bracket looked a little like the committee is getting it. For the most part, the Valley teams are split up as much as they could be split up. Otherwise, it has been a meat grinder to go through a regular season of Valley play to only get to the playoffs and face the Valley all over again. The bunnies are the only valley team who could potentially face a Valley foe before the semis. I also think it would have been even more interesting if they switched Stony Brook/Lehigh with UNI/Monmouth. I would have loved to see JMU against a valley school right out of the chute.

How did Northern Arizona get in and EWU left out of it? It is sad to see that because it sends a message that EWU screwed itself scheduling NDSU for a OOC game. On top of that, between the two schools, Northern Arizona was the only one who lost to a program who could be considered below them with a loss to Montana. EWU lost to Texas Tech, NDSU, and then the 2 top teams in the big fluffy. Northern Arizona lost to Arizona, WIU, Montana, and Southern Utah while not even playing Weber St. What am I missing here?
    Is the committee valuing NAU's win over ISUr? That's my explanation.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I don't disagree with the EWU over Nicholls but it is still interesting it was Northern Arizona over EWU. I am not saying the committee went into it with the thought the Big Fluffy would only have three, but if it was only going to be three, they kinda did get the wrong three.

If the committee is going to say Northern Arizona is 10-11 spots higher in most computer rankings to justify their decision about what Big Fluffy school, then you are absolutely right Nicholls State had no business in there regardless of their 8 wins. They are like 50 spots away from anyone. I would also like to know if there is any other school in the playoffs, with an at-large bid, who got rocked by almost 50 points by another FCS school. SHSU 66 - Nicholls State 17. ButtAggies.
    I think the MT loss was not taken all that serious based on how NAU lost. If I recall that was the game that NAU lost their starting QB in the first series and then only loses by 2 points. I think the commitee seen that as more of a "win" than a true loss. Its the only thing I can come up with.

I don’t even want to engage on NAU v EWU because they both clearly should have been selected before not just Nicholls, but also Monmouth, UNH, and Elon.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I don't know but it may push EWU from wanting to schedule a NDSU ever again. If they are 8-3, regardless of who they played, they are in. They are 7-4 with a FBS loss and a loss to a #2 seed. You are right though, EWU really didn't have any signature wins. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat. NAU one upped them in the winning department with the ISUr win but they did lose to Montana which should have evened that one out. Maybe the committee was tired of looking at teams and NAU made as much sense as any at the time. Even though I think they got it wrong, it wasn't a devastating pick. It was wrong by a little bit. It is too bad they play in a 43 team conference and didn't play each other. The Nicholls State pick might have been the biggest joke.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    that plus the MT loss not hurting them. its the only way to explain it.

I don't know but it may push EWU from wanting to schedule a NDSU ever again. If they are 8-3, regardless of who they played, they are in. They are 7-4 with a FBS loss and a loss to a #2 seed. You are right though, EWU really didn't have any signature wins. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat. NAU one upped them in the winning department with the ISUr win but they did lose to Montana which should have evened that one out. Maybe the committee was tired of looking at teams and NAU made as much sense as any at the time. Even though I think they got it wrong, it wasn't a devastating pick. It was wrong by a little bit. It is too bad they play in a 43 team conference and didn't play each other. The Nicholls State pick might have been the biggest joke.
    Well, I think that is a good warning considering that the MVFC might look at splitting. I Could see that happening in the MVFC all the time