Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Bracketology

Default Re: Final Bracketology

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Or how much money does JSU want to waste flying band members to Fargo?

This is mentioned in the FCS manual at http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...l_20171016.pdf
    "Bands. Host institutions must make space available for the visiting team band, upon request. The host institution may place the location for the band seating in the same location as is used during the regular season. The band seating block should be in addition to the regular visiting team seating block. Band members who are in uniform and performing at the championship will not be charged admission to the competition or their band seating block."
    I'd put above the GSMB and play over them the entire time, lol.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    On AGS, someone already posted an NCAA "rule" that hosting teams are required to make space for the opposing team's band beyond the normal allocation of fan tickets. I don't believe that means the entire student body that plays in the JSU marching band (very good band, BTW). It could very well mean a small pep band. Assuming the brackets come to that, it will be interesting to see how that works in Fargo when 500+ free tickets are demanded by JSU.
    Considering the band's travel expenses are not covered by the NCAA or the hosting institution, if JSU makes it to the dome, I am thinking they will have to make a decision if they are going to go all in on the semis or bet on Frisco. I can't imagine what the costs would be to bring their entire band. 10 busses and a couple of semis just for personnel and equipment. Then lodging for all of them. I don't think NDSU is responsible for making sure the band has lodging, just the opposing team. I think it would be a logistical nightmare. I think it would be a pep band, at most, and NDSU already has to set aside 500 seats for an opposing team. I don't think there has been anyone who has used all 500 tickets yet so whatever was set aside could probably be used for a pep band without having to take any other seats away from NDSU fans. We will find out right away because the deadline for JSU to ask for tickets for a band is something like Sunday morning after the quarters. They have to buy 200 tickets at a minimum and have until Tuesday morning to surrender any of the 300 tickets set aside. That is also the day they can beg the hosting institution to try selling any of the 200 they had to buy, as well. For schools that don't travel well, they probably hope their opponent is a school like NDSU so they don't lose money on tickets.

Didn't GSU bring a pep band one year?
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Didn't GSU bring a pep band one year?
    SDSU did.... don't recall GSU, but maybe they did.

I remember Sam Houston State brought a pep band in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    SDSU did.... don't recall GSU, but maybe they did.
    GSU did for one of the semis

Stony Brook was one of my sleepers to go far until they got potentially matched up with JMU

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    lol good take there

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Jay Howard sucks as usual.
    Jay Howard was terrible as usual, dispensing nothing but drivel, and ESPN's overall program was below average. The few highlights they showed were repeated over and over, and among the many errors made they wrote that the team nickname for Austin Peay was the Goveners instead of Governors, and when they revealed NDSU as the #2 seed, the graphic said "North Dakota State Bisons." Later they introduced Head Coach Chris KLEE-MAN. For a network who has had Game Day here twice, you'd think they would put a little more effort into getting those things about NDSU right at least. I guess since it wasn't a show about FBS football they figured they would just phone it in, since nobody would care (or watch) anyway. Sheesh.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Stony Brook was one of my sleepers to go far until they got potentially matched up with JMU
    The team that won on a hail mary the last game of the year to a team with a losing record?