Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Illinois State

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Illinois State

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    During the height of the game, I counted 200 people on the press box side.
    One of the staff guys told me that in his 23 years of working the games that this was the first time he has seen more visitors than Redbirds fans. ( of course we went all that way, we were going to see a game. To. The. End.)
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Nice win Bison. ISU should be embarrassed by the number of their fans attending. It looked pathetic on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Nice win Bison. ISU should be embarrassed by the number of their fans attending. It looked pathetic on TV.
    SDSU might even had more fans if that game was in brookings. Purple
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Good win and bye week is gonna be huge for us. Really glad Bruce got over whatever it was he had going on.

Here we go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, It was great two see Bruce running hard between the tackles. It had been missing for a couple of games. Hopefully it is a prelude for the playoffs.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    If ISUr would have gotten that in, would it be 1, 2 or 6 points? I think 2 but not sure.
    Others are correct. On a try a TD scores 2 points and a FG scores 1 point.

As someone who was on a field for a football game 2 miles away I can tell you it was absolutely miserable on the field. We got snow while in the locker room at halftime and delayed the start of the second half about 8 minutes trying to clear out the lines on the field. It was cooler than the first half and the snow was very wet. It was hard for anyone to get traction and the players were miserable. The visiting team had a hard time seeing their signals because the wind was blowing the snow directly into their faces.

Our game was 0-0 until late in the first half. Visitors scored after a long long catch and run off a deflected pass and then a fumble at the 3 recovered in the end zone. They scored again midway through the third quarter to make it 14-0. After a botched snap gave then the ball at the home team 5 early in the 4th they scored on the first play to take a 21-0 lead. They added another score late to win 28-0.

The home team had given up 1 rushing TD all season and gave up 4 yesterday. One back got 3 of them after scoring only 1 in his career. He's a senior! He had like 140 yards rushing after only having 280 in 4 years. He's also originally from Orange, California, so he was out of his element.

I met a few Bison fans at our hotel. I couldn't believe they were leaving to tailgate at 8:30! It was pouring rain and thunder/lightning at that point. It had to be a miserable day to be in the stands.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Others are correct. On a try a TD scores 2 points and a FG scores 1 point.

As someone who was on a field for a football game 2 miles away I can tell you it was absolutely miserable on the field. We got snow while in the locker room at halftime and delayed the start of the second half about 8 minutes trying to clear out the lines on the field. It was cooler than the first half and the snow was very wet. It was hard for anyone to get traction and the players were miserable. The visiting team had a hard time seeing their signals because the wind was blowing the snow directly into their faces.

Our game was 0-0 until late in the first half. Visitors scored after a long long catch and run off a deflected pass and then a fumble at the 3 recovered in the end zone. They scored again midway through the third quarter to make it 14-0. After a botched snap gave then the ball at the home team 5 early in the 4th they scored on the first play to take a 21-0 lead. They added another score late to win 28-0.

The home team had given up 1 rushing TD all season and gave up 4 yesterday. One back got 3 of them after scoring only 1 in his career. He's a senior! He had like 140 yards rushing after only having 280 in 4 years. He's also originally from Orange, California, so he was out of his element.

I met a few Bison fans at our hotel. I couldn't believe they were leaving to tailgate at 8:30! It was pouring rain and thunder/lightning at that point. It had to be a miserable day to be in the stands.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Your name came up yesterday. TBH, I welcomed the snow as it helped keep us a little drier as the game went on.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Good win and bye week is gonna be huge for us. Really glad Bruce got over whatever it was he had going on.

Here we go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed, he looked decisive yesterday. Was definitely the Bruce of old and the results showed on the field, pretty excited by our RBs...even without Dunn(who somehow still leads the league in scoring!!).
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Agreed, he looked decisive yesterday. Was definitely the Bruce of old and the results showed on the field, pretty excited by our RBs...even without Dunn(who somehow still leads the league in scoring!!).
    I'm excited as well. Also, nice to see Demitri playing well and contributing, love seeing him taking those jet sweeps for pos yards.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1