Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview with FCS Chairman Richard Johnson

Default Re: Interview with FCS Chairman Richard Johnson

I have been harping for the past couple weeks that this FCS seeding bullshit is a hand picked way to rig pairings of powerhouse teams from the MVFC into knocking one another out early. AS FOR MVFC commissioner "Vivitro", ?spelling, She has about as much clout as my dog when it comes to straightening this out over the past few years. Same valid complaints each year and nothing changes. The leader of the best FCS conference should have some power """NOT"""! They tell her to get on her broom stick and fly home.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I don't care what the anti FBS folks say, the way FCS structures the playoff bracket (bush league) NDSU might just as well be DII. I would rather NDSU be FBS with all it's faults and play big boy football for a chance at a bowl game than deal with this crap.
    SDbison, I have been a big supporter of NDSU staying FCS for the past few years, however, my feelings on this has changed a lot over the past year or so. I would hope NDSU continues to research a move to FBS in the future, I really feel the ball would keep right on moving forward if they did jump!!! Nothing I see with this program tells me it wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I have been harping for the past couple weeks that this FCS seeding bullshit is a hand picked way to rig pairings of powerhouse teams from the MVFC into knocking one another out early. AS FOR MVFC commissioner "Vivitro", ?spelling, She has about as much clout as my dog when it comes to straightening this out over the past few years. Same valid complaints each year and nothing changes. The leader of the best FCS conference should have some power """NOT"""! They tell her to get on her broom stick and fly home.
    Great post! Patty V is totally worthless. Does she even know anything about football?

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Regionalization within 400 miles. What. A. Crock. Of. Shit.

Seed the whole fucking bracket or GTFO. What is the point even?
    I wish they would but all minor ncaa sports are also regionalized

Football is different with the total number of games and fact you only play a conf team once in regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I wish they would but all minor ncaa sports are also regionalized
    Also, football is a major sport.

Great post! Patty V is totally worthless. Does she even know anything about football?
    Most every year in Frisco they would interview her and NOTHING discussed about why two MVFC teams weren't playing that day for a title. The second and third rounds of this years playoffs will look like an MVFC tourney on one side of the bracket, opposite of JMU by the way.

Also, football is a major sport.
    yes but NCAA runs the FCS tournament unlike the FBS.

So if 5 teams from one conference get in, I'm betting the top 4 will be on one side of the bracket and the lowest seed is on the other.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Richard Johnson is a FINE example of a The Citadel Graduate. Just too bad he is now terrierized....