Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview with FCS Chairman Richard Johnson

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Interview with FCS Chairman Richard Johnson

Don't underestimate the value of the extra month of practice and games in building your program. Success breeds success, particularly when you get so many more opportunities to play and practice. It is a benefit that you have earned.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

You know there could've been two MVFC teams in Frisco last year.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Regionalization within 400 miles. What. A. Crock. Of. Shit.

Seed the whole fucking bracket or GTFO. What is the point even?
    Bingo

Either run the tournament the way its supposed to run or not at all.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Well, it sounds like the 400 mile thing is only for the Thanksgiving weekend game. Doesn't sound like it affects seeding at all.

Since they care so much about money they should really just cut out a weekend of games that don't bring in any money (Thanksgiving Weekend Round 1) and go back to 16 teams and actually seed 1-16. Get rid of the Pioneer team, cut the at larges, etc. We don't need 4 teams from the Southland, 4 from the Big Sky, etc. Even if it means only 3 Valley teams are in, so be it. Not like more than 3 will advance to the round of 8 anyways after we play each other in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Football is different with the total number of games and fact you only play a conf team once in regular season.
    Unless you are division II out in the west coast...that conference with central washington(final resting place of Jose mohler) , humboldt state, etc, plays each team in their conference twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So dumb. During the interview at half time of the JSU game they said the teams between 9-24 are all treated equal and they will try to get the best matchup while also taking geography into consideration. Also, JSU would be a middle of the road MVFC team.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's time to get over the geography and travel costs and seed all 24 teams.

The idea that 9-24 are equal is beyond ridiculous, and when a Pioneer team averages 4,200 miles round trip per road game in the regular season that's a good sign that the excuse of travel costs is just that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    Since they care so much about money they should really just cut out a weekend of games that don't bring in any money (Thanksgiving Weekend Round 1) and go back to 16 teams and actually seed 1-16. Get rid of the Pioneer team, cut the at larges, etc. We don't need 4 teams from the Southland, 4 from the Big Sky, etc. Even if it means only 3 Valley teams are in, so be it. Not like more than 3 will advance to the round of 8 anyways after we play each other in the second round.
    And get rid of all non revenue generating sports.....I kid I kid

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    seeded teams from the same conference are not required to be on different sides of the bracket.
    Wtf? Where did Craig Haley get that “rule” from then?

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...20959700985304
    Last edited by Strategery; 11-17-2017 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Added link