Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 12 2017 FCS Survivor Pick Em

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Week 12 2017 FCS Survivor Pick Em

BisonTru and JDZ both have only used up 2 playoff teams thus far, NDSUStudent right behind them with 3. I've used up 9, so not sitting quite as pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Looks like one eliminated.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I guess Hampton wasn't intimidated by the not as intimidating Bison of Howard either.
    Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I remember talk like this in 2007. What if we run the table? What if we get a bowl invite? What if they vote us #1 even though we can't play in the playoffs? We ended that season with a loss to SDSU.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I guess Hampton wasn't intimidated by the not as intimidating Bison of Howard either.
    Apparently not, good run though.

Yeah, anybody who is on a deep run in this game and has the balls to pick SDSU over NDSU deserves some kind of honorable mention trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yeah, anybody who is on a deep run in this game and has the balls to pick SDSU over NDSU deserves some kind of honorable mention trophy.
    I disagree...it was a gutsy call, but poor game management. He limited himself for later in the game. This would be like using timeouts early in the 2nd half and not having them when the game mattered. Or maybe it would be like using that really good secret play for a 3rd and 1...when any play would do. Or even teh saying, jumping the shark comes to mind.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Each week I tried to go out of my way to make sure I was picking a team that hadn't been picked by anyone else that week. As the season went on, I started getting riskier and riskier.

Given where this challenge is taking place, the conditions surrounding that game, and the buzz factor, I had to pick SDSU that week.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I disagree...it was a gutsy call, but poor game management. He limited himself for later in the game. This would be like using timeouts early in the 2nd half and not having them when the game mattered. Or maybe it would be like using that really good secret play for a 3rd and 1...when any play would do. Or even teh saying, jumping the shark comes to mind.
    I have my doubts about whether I would've need my SDSU pick back come December/January. Time will tell.

Perhaps though, it would've been more fun picking SDSU over NDSU whilst in the vehicle on the way down to Frisco.
    I remember talk like this in 2007. What if we run the table? What if we get a bowl invite? What if they vote us #1 even though we can't play in the playoffs? We ended that season with a loss to SDSU.

Each week I tried to go out of my way to make sure I was picking a team that hadn't been picked by anyone else that week. As the season went on, I started getting riskier and riskier.

Given where this challenge is taking place, the conditions surrounding that game, and the buzz factor, I had to pick SDSU that week.

I have my doubts about whether I would've need my SDSU pick back come December/January. Time will tell.

Perhaps though, it would've been more fun picking SDSU over NDSU whilst in the vehicle on the way down to Frisco.
    That's funny right there. Everybody knows bunny fans don't travel for football games.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    That's funny right there. Everybody knows bunny fans don't travel for football games.
    Well...maybe I could find a basketball game somewhere in Frisco to go to...and maybe hit the football game as well...if I had time.

Well...maybe I could find a basketball game somewhere in Frisco to go to...and maybe hit the football game as well...if I had time.
    Just make sure you Rabbit fans check out the Golden Gate Bridge while your there.

I will get new thread up soon since this is a busy week