Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: #8 USC vs NDSU 11/13 10PM

Default Re: #8 USC vs NDSU 11/13 10PM

Over the back is a myth. Jumping into the back is not

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Over the back is a myth. Jumping into the back is not
    That is like saying I smoked pot but never inhaled.
    Its a foul......PS I got called for it a lot.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Only if you make contact with the player in front of you, otherwise, not a foul. I️ think that’s what he is trying to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I've heard it called a lot too. Doesn't mean it's a thing. Just means those refs are calling it cuz they've heard it called too. It's perpetuation of a false rule.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I've heard it called a lot too. Doesn't mean it's a thing. Just means those refs are calling it cuz they've heard it called too. It's perpetuation of a false rule.
    It is a Yeti of a call!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Only if you make contact with the player in front of you, otherwise, not a foul. I️ think that’s what he is trying to say.

I believe it's contact and displacement. Terms like "over the back" are announcer and coach speak but it's not a foul. It's a good sign you don't know the rule if you call it something that doesn't exist. I'm not a basketball guy so I don't know it either, but I know there is no such thing as "over the back."

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

This. If you jump and hit the guy in the head who is boxing you out...its a foul. But if I jump over you and get the ball while you are boxing me out...its not a foul...and thats what refs sometimes call "over the back". Just because someone can jump higher doesn't mean its a foul.

And yes...it is a yeti of a call.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I watched this game from start to finish and was encouraged with the team we can become. I've said before I liked what I saw out of Cam in the exhibition last year and was hoping he'd be our starter this year and this game just proved that to me, he can shoot, he can get to the basket and he has no fear whatsoever. He should start and we should get Paul back to the 2 spot, the full court press from USC caused him to use a lot of extra energy getting the ball up the court and fatigue got to him in this game. A lot of people hate on him on here but he's still our best player but he's at his best at the 2 spot. Rocky is a guy that once his confidence builds a little and he settles in will be a big contributor down the stretch. That dunk he threw down impressed me, I didn't realize he had that explosiveness and that vertical. He's definitely more of a 4 than a 5 but he could be our best option to defend Daum so hopefully he progresses quickly. This was a strong showing after laying an egg in the opener, we were a few silly turnovers and a couple open misses by Samuelson (which doesn't happen often) from upsetting a top 10 team. The real test will be coming off that game and bringing it again against another strong opponent in Missouri St tomorrow night. If we compete again this team could end up in the dance, if we get worked over it's going to be another up and down season which I'm really hoping to avoid.