Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: #8 USC vs NDSU 11/13 10PM

Default Re: #8 USC vs NDSU 11/13 10PM

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    The Geu's last two fouls and when USC player stepped on a Bison players foot were absolute total garbage calls but those happen every game. Just so happened they all went against us. The problem I had with the refs if you are going to call tight ticky tac fouls blow the whistle both ways. We were getting them up in the air, drove hard to the rim drawing a lot more contact and the whistle stayed in the refs pockets. A few blatant over the backs no calls as well. At least call the hard fouls on USC. We did have more fouls than USC but it in no way should have been 24-12 in fouls and 31-9 FT differential. USC's poor FT shooting actually help keep the Bison in the game so maybe the fouls weren't so bad after all.
    I hate rants about officiating just looking at the differential in fouls is absurd when talking about teams of different athletic abilities
    It’s sad just sad to see this much thought put into excuses
    TRUST THE PROCESS

I missed the 2nd half but the team hung in there despite several things stated already. I have said before PMiller needs to be the off guard and not point. It sounds like that is correct from other comments . Hunter at pg is the way to go.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    The Geu's last two fouls and when USC player stepped on a Bison players foot were absolute total garbage calls but those happen every game. Just so happened they all went against us. The problem I had with the refs if you are going to call tight ticky tac fouls blow the whistle both ways. We were getting them up in the air, drove hard to the rim drawing a lot more contact and the whistle stayed in the refs pockets. A few blatant over the backs no calls as well. At least call the hard fouls on USC. We did have more fouls than USC but it in no way should have been 24-12 in fouls and 31-9 FT differential. USC's poor FT shooting actually help keep the Bison in the game so maybe the fouls weren't so bad after all.
    Show me in the rule book where "over the back" is mentioned ever.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post

Over-the-Back Foul. A rebounder can't use his body to create an advantage against an opposing player in front of him. When a youth basketball player does this, he is called for an over-the-back foul. Make sure that your players understand such important basketball rules.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

This. There is no such thing called over the back. I have this "conversation" with refs every year.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Well even in the face of a loss, there should be some positives to take away from this game. (I hope). Come back and play smarter for the next game. Play under control as well. First half just listening to it seemed like it was a little ragged. Post play needs to be address as someone else said earlier. D Miller is way to passive in his play inside. You have to want to play inside and get rebounds. That is the fun work, get inside and bang around a bit. Get position and box out.

All I know if is Lakes bet the line, he laughed all the way to the bank.

I feel a lot better about the rest of the year after this game. Appears that Cam Hunter is legit which could pretty much offset the loss of Khy. It's pretty impressive that they stuck that close to a top 10 team when their two best players, Paul Miller and Tyson Ward, combine to go 5-22 from the field.

That 5 spot is a mess right now though... at this point might as well start Rocky and let him cut his teeth. Dylan Miller is the same player he's been for the last 3 years. Ceremonial starter who plays a few minutes and the start of the each half and then sits or is invisible from there on.

I did not watch the game, but how did Deng look? Is he starting to put it together?

Does this qualify? https://ncaambb.arbitersports.com/Gr...files/BR15.pdf

Section 29. Rebound
    Art. 1. A rebound occurs when a player secures possession of the ball after a try
    for goal. In a rebounding situation, there is no player or team control.
    Art. 2. To attain or maintain legal rebounding position, a player shall not:
    d. Violate the principle of verticality.
    It's OK to not be OK.