Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: #8 USC vs NDSU 11/13 10PM

Default Re: #8 USC vs NDSU 11/13 10PM

This team has some pieces....Richman needs to figure out how to use them.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Have to admire the way the guys competed but definitely a game we let get away. Cant turn the ball over as much as we did and expect to win. Cam Hunter was sensational, and needs to be the starting pg. Move Paul back to his regular spot and let him be the the effective all league player he is. Refs were very one sided but we need to do a better job staying out of foul trouble...

Having said that night and day difference from Saturday. Another tough road game on Friday vs Missouri State.

We played pretty good and led for most of the game against the 10th tabked team in the country!!! Lots of things to build on. Great effort.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Boys got my attention! See ya at the SHAC fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    We played pretty good and led for most of the game against the 10th tabked team in the country!!! Lots of things to build on. Great effort.
    Agree. But it's been so long since we've had a signature upset I don't even expect them anymore just like I expected to shit the bed late on this one. Looks like we have some options and like every year we will probably stink up the joint and peak later in the year which is what really matters

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'm totally baffled how we were in this game until the end with so many key players that did not show up tonight and the refs being so one sided. P. Miller, AJ, Ward, D. Miller, Elliason, and Samuelson all need to look in the mirror, get their head in the game and put on their big boy pants! Kuddos to Hunter for putting this team on his shoulders tonight. Thought he should have been the one pulling the trigger down the stretch. AJ is going to take some time as he gets back into game shape after a foot injury so he will need a couple weeks to hopefully get right. I think P. Miller took the entire OFF season way to seriously and forgot about basketball activities and conditioning as he looked lost and out of shape. With all that said glad to see the team compete and I feel a little better about this team than I did after Saturdays loss to that bad team. If the Bison get this thing clicking on all cylinders they will be in the hunt come conference play and tourney time.

This team could go 10-20 or win 20+ games this year. Tons of talent but it will come down to coaching.

Hunter provides some offense, ball didnt stick in his hands unlike others. It was more free flowing when he was in.

Really needed one or two of those last three 3s by Samy to go in

Congrats on a great effort Bison. Hunter was a beast out there and you have a bonafide guard in him that should allow Miller to shift back to his more natural SG position.
    Although AJ wasn't contributing from a scoring perspective, he was so fundamentally sound in so many other ways, esp on defense.
    Aside from the horrible 5th foul call on Geu, the refs weren't as bad as you guys are making it. With the athletes that SC has, the Bison were grabbing a bit to slow them down. Yeah, a bit of homerism but, to this neutral fan's eyes, it was called relatively fairly.
    The Bison looked much better tonight and that was on a night Miller couldn't shoot. I think you'll have a pretty good season.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Gauchofreg View Post
    Congrats on a great effort Bison. Hunter was a beast out there and you have a bonafide guard in him that should allow Miller to shift back to his more natural SG position.
    Although AJ wasn't contributing from a scoring perspective, he was so fundamentally sound in so many other ways, esp on defense.
    Aside from the horrible 5th foul call on Geu, the refs weren't as bad as you guys are making it. With the athletes that SC has, the Bison were grabbing a bit to slow them down. Yeah, a bit of homerism but, to this neutral fan's eyes, it was called relatively fairly.
    The Bison looked much better tonight and that was on a night Miller couldn't shoot. I think you'll have a pretty good season.
    Good luck
    The Geu's last two fouls and when USC player stepped on a Bison players foot were absolute total garbage calls but those happen every game. Just so happened they all went against us. The problem I had with the refs if you are going to call tight ticky tac fouls blow the whistle both ways. We were getting them up in the air, drove hard to the rim drawing a lot more contact and the whistle stayed in the refs pockets. A few blatant over the backs no calls as well. At least call the hard fouls on USC. We did have more fouls than USC but it in no way should have been 24-12 in fouls and 31-9 FT differential. USC's poor FT shooting actually help keep the Bison in the game so maybe the fouls weren't so bad after all.