1. James Madison
    2. North Dakota State
    3. Central Arkansas
    4. Jacksonville State
    5. South Dakota State
    6. Sam Houston State
    7. Southern Utah
    8. Wofford
    If South Dakota State falls to South Dakota this Saturday, SDSU is not a seed. In that case, Sam Houston State slides up to 5, Southern Utah slides up to 6, Wofford slides up to 7, South Dakota takes the 8 seed.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bracketology 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    Funny how lots of people ragged on NDSU schedule this year and now they have a schedule in the top 15 of difficulty (FCS) and top 5 among teams without an FBS opponent.

Those rankings are funny to look at sometimes. As according to them NDSU will play 6 teams this year ranked higher than JMU toughest opponent (Richmond), not sure that is really how it is but take the computer rankings for what they are
    Even the most die hard MVFC homers realize Sagarin's ratings are tilted heavily to our conference. I'm not going to tell you why because personally I don't understand what is all taken into consideration with the computer rankings. The Valley is easily the best conference but computer ranking are not the end all. The best poll or rankings IMO is still the AGS poll done by a bunch of crazy FCS fans.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Even the most die hard MVFC homers realize Sagarin's ratings are tilted heavily to our conference. I'm not going to tell you why because personally I don't understand what is all taken into consideration with the computer rankings. The Valley is easily the best conference but computer ranking are not the end all. The best poll or rankings IMO is still the AGS poll done by a bunch of crazy FCS fans.
    I am on the fence with these computer rankings. As my life tends to lean to or more objective nature with work and all which then would mean I would heavily favor computer ranking system.Then you look and see a 5-5 team would be top 10 and you kinda cringe a little bit.

Ya the AGS poll seems to do a good job of mixing the subjective and objective nature of humans into a meaningful way. Speaks a lot to the diverse group of peeps that make up that poll. I have been trying to log in over there for a few months but seems i forgot my password and I am too lazy to reset it

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here is an interesting Sagarin bracket from College Sporting Journal. Dominated by MVFC.
    Nov13-sag-fcs-playoff-proj.jpg
    Damn! How do I make this bigger? Here's the link. http://www.college-sports-journal.co...ection-nov-13/

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    I am on the fence with these computer rankings. As my life tends to lean to or more objective nature with work and all which then would mean I would heavily favor computer ranking system.Then you look and see a 5-5 team would be top 10 and you kinda cringe a little bit.

Ya the AGS poll seems to do a good job of mixing the subjective and objective nature of humans into a meaningful way. Speaks a lot to the diverse group of peeps that make up that poll. I have been trying to log in over there for a few months but seems i forgot my password and I am too lazy to reset it
    What do you think JSU’s record would be if they played in the MVFC?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    .500, maybe

I'd give JMU a loss or two.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Here is an interesting Sagarin bracket from College Sporting Journal. Dominated by MVFC.
    Damn! How do I make this bigger? Here's the link. http://www.college-sports-journal.co...ection-nov-13/
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm sure they would put Jacksonville higher. Don't agree, but they will
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    I hear this from my wife about twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    I think it would be fair to say they would be someone around WIU and USD records (+/- a win) so somewhere between 6-4 and 8-2. Playoff team with a chance of a seed. One thing to consider with them is how well there stadium would play a factor as i have TV watched some games there and they seem to have a dang good crowd.

According to computer they would only been underdogs really in two games (v NDSU, SDSU), coin flips depending on home team (WIU, UNI, USD, YSU ISUr) and big favorites against other 3 (SIU, MSU, ISUb).