Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 6.0

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bracketology 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Either could still be seeded at 8-3.
    You’re right. Likely one of them would be seeded in that case. I keep forgetting how watered down the FCS gets after the top 5, and really, the top 2?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    its what makes this level of football so JV. every "national talking head" likely has a personal vendetta vs ndsu so theyll say anything to put them down a peg. its embarrassing, good thing only 10 schools care about fcs and actually notices this shit
    Completely agree. But are there are national talking heads for FCS? I think at best you get people that might have an understanding of one conference, but most of the time it’s some rube writer for a school that has a bunch of subjective opinions.

Why doesn’t FCS have an official computer ranking at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    There are national talking heads for FCS? I think at best you get people that might have an understanding of one conference, but most of the time it’s some rube writer for a school that has a bunch of subjective opinions.

Haley and Brian McLaughlin are probably as close as it gets for FCS national talking heads.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    You’re right. Likely one of them would be seeded in that case. I keep forgetting how watered down the FCS gets after the top 5, and really, the top 2?
    Ya I posted when it was 10-0 jacks. Then went back to game and it was 17-14 lol. One could still get a seed but which one? Usd cuz of head to head or usd cuz the beat the possible 2 and usd got rolled by them. If usd wins. Then see them getting a seed and SDSU playing next weekend with winner going to ndsu because of their matchup is older.

If the stars align they go 7 and 8. Which shouldn’t be out of the question if usd wins a close one

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Completely agree. But are there are national talking heads for FCS? I think at best you get people that might have an understanding of one conference, but most of the time it’s some rube writer for a school that has a bunch of subjective opinions.

wanna know who the best talking heads are? Dom and Kolpack. their vlog is often shared by opposing teams playing NDSU and Id say i cant remember anyone once saying it was biased, one sided or anything completely slanted towards NDSU.

Of course its probably easy to make a vlog knowing the team you cover has a 95% chance of winning that game. but still...point stands

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    Maybe people should also be thinking about what happens if SDSU loses? Who (out of USD and SDSU) gets sent to Fargo in the 2nd round? Guarantee one of them will if USD pulls this game out
    Probably Sdsu. Usd plays Big Sky or Southland school

I dont see either getting seeded if USD wins

USD up on SDSU now 21 - 17 late in 3rd quarter.

31-21 Jacks. Early dagger. Can we just have SDSU as the 5 seed on JMU's side of the brwcket with the winner of USD and another team going to brookings.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I might lose my shit if NDSU is not a #2 seed. It would send the message that a quality loss is better than a quality win. In which case, we may as well schedule 10 FBS schools. We keep a few games close and we would be a top seed for sure even at 1-10.

Sammy gave up 33 points at home to a team with a sagarin rating almost identical to Robert Morris. One would think that would kill any wild ass scenario that puts SHSU above us.