Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 6.0

Default Re: Bracketology 6.0

If committee values W-L record over strength of schedule I could see this playing out:
    1. JMU
    2. UCA
    3. JSU
    4. NDSU
    5. SDSU
    And if they regionalize the non seeded games one side of the bracket would appear much more difficult than the other.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sagarin ratings
    NDSU SOS 142 rank #40
    JSU SOS 190 rank #91
    UCA SOS 206 rank #98
    SHSU SOS 208 rank #117
    I realize the committee does some dumb things, but anything other than a 2 or 3 for the Bison would be outrageous. Any team from the Southland doesn't deserve a top 4 seed. There are 9 teams ranked higher than UCA in Sagarin. Six of them are MVFC teams. Of course, we need to win this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    They sleepwalk in playoffs it's over, that's how NDSU won 5 straight...not being complacent
    I agree. That is my one worry. I am hoping our last drive against Richmond, where we took them to the woodshed, was not an anomaly and that this is the offense, especially the O-line, that we will see all the time going forward.

It was 20 degrees when we abused Sam Houston at our place last year, 62-7.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaHoyt View Post
    Haha. I would love to see how low their attendance would be if they did get a home game in -20 weather.
    It was 20 degrees when we abused Sam Houston at our place last year, 62-7.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    JMU should drop in the rankings just for their lackluster performances to not good teams, Richmond could have won that game, Elon might get them. They are not what they were last year
    I don't think I'd consider Richmond a "not good team." They are not a world beater, but they're not a slouch either.

JMU is a good team. Not only did they show that with their personnel last year, but they are showing it on the field this year. It may be true that they haven't been winning ALL games by a large margin against a weaker schedule than the Bison, but they're doing pretty well. Well enough that the computers have them nearly on par with this year's NDSU team. Computers aren't the final say, by any means, but they usually are pretty solid at determining the relative strength of teams. On a neutral field, the Bison might be slightly favored, but anything can happen once the game begins.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I don't think I'd consider Richmond a "not good team." They are not a world beater, but they're not a slouch either.

JMU is a good team. Not only did they show that with their personnel last year, but they are showing it on the field this year. It may be true that they haven't been winning ALL games by a large margin against a weaker schedule than the Bison, but they're doing pretty well. Well enough that the computers have them nearly on par with this year's NDSU team. Computers aren't the final say, by any means, but they usually are pretty solid at determining the relative strength of teams. On a neutral field, the Bison might be slightly favored, but anything can happen once the game begins.
    JMU has an incredibly stifling defense and an offense that seems pretty average but they seem to know how to turn it on in winning time.

Reminds me of another particular team....

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post

Never said Richmond wasn't good, they have not played well against others who are not good

Jmu is good, but they are not what they were, i dont think they repeat, and they lose a ton This year to graduation
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    JMU has an incredibly stifling defense and an offense that seems pretty average but they seem to know how to turn it on in winning time.

Reminds me of another particular team....
    Yep, JMU is ranked 1st in total defense and 1st in scoring defense in the FCS.
    Bison are 2nd and 3rd respectively.
    Conference games in the CAA are not much different than in the MVFC. Not as top heavy but lots of parity and unlike the Big Fluffy they play defense.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Sagarin ratings
    NDSU SOS 142 rank #40
    JSU SOS 190 rank #91
    UCA SOS 206 rank #98
    SHSU SOS 208 rank #117
    I realize the committee does some dumb things, but anything other than a 2 or 3 for the Bison would be outrageous. Any team from the Southland doesn't deserve a top 4 seed. There are 9 teams ranked higher than UCA in Sagarin. Six of them are MVFC teams. Of course, we need to win this Saturday.
    Funny how lots of people ragged on NDSU schedule this year and now they have a schedule in the top 15 of difficulty (FCS) and top 5 among teams without an FBS opponent.

Those rankings are funny to look at sometimes. As according to them NDSU will play 6 teams this year ranked higher than JMU toughest opponent (Richmond), not sure that is really how it is but take the computer rankings for what they are