Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 6.0

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bracketology 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I listen to the band playing. If I end up more interested in that then the game, it's bad football.
    There is no bad football, there are just different levels. Hell, I walk down the street to watch the youth league games in the fall. Saturday it's the Bison at 11 and Dickinson State NAIA playoff game at 2. I've seen some great football games at a lower level......anyway, I watched JSU last night. Defense is good. Offense, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Is Nicholls out after losing last night? I think the committee still puts them in
    I don't see how they can get in anymore. They would need pandemonium like McNeese, UNH, Delaware, and Montana all losing (and then the expected bubble losses like ISUr and NAU happening also) and even then they'd have a weak argument at best IMO.

Is Nicholls out after losing last night? I think the committee still puts them in
    I feel like they are out.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I listen to the band playing. If I end up more interested in that then the game, it's bad football.
    You're not crazy, It's both. Their football is awful and their band is incredibly good.

If we had to seed the FCS marching bands, JSU would likely be #1.... Missouri State would be up there too

Hate to say it, but the GSMB would likely be an at large at best. We have size, and about nothing else. Still love em'! but we would definitely not be seeded
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

ah FCS the 3rd division of football.... resorting to the old D2 political playoff committee scam.

be prepared for NDSU to be ranked #4 or #5 !!!

still cant believe a majority of you wants to stay in this crap division . its DEJA VU ALL OVER AGAIN!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    You're not crazy, It's both. Their football is awful and their band is incredibly good.

If we had to seed the FCS marching bands, JSU would likely be #1.... Missouri State would be up there too

Hate to say it, but the GSMB would likely be an at large at best. We have size, and about nothing else. Still love em'! but we would definitely not be seeded
    Depends. Are the SWAC and MEAC participating in this playoff? If so, then the GSMB can enjoy their Thanksgiving turkey without having to worry about getting to practice.

SDSU's band is pretty good also.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't see how they can get in anymore. They would need pandemonium like McNeese, UNH, Delaware, and Montana all losing (and then the expected bubble losses like ISUr and NAU happening also) and even then they'd have a weak argument at best IMO.
    They're 8-3 though

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Depends. Are the SWAC and MEAC participating in this playoff? If so, then the GSMB can enjoy their Thanksgiving turkey without having to worry about getting to practice.

SDSU's band is pretty good also.
    I think the MEAC has a spot, don't they? Wasn't Bethune-Cookman in a few years ago?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They're 8-3 though
    That doesn't matter when you play in such a weak conference. If you take a look at their schedule (Southland), it doesn't stack up against almost any other potential 8-3 teams or even a lot of the potential 7-4 teams out of the MVFC, Big Sky, or CAA. I am not impressed by four point wins over Northwestern State or an OT victory over Incarnate Word while getting blown out by 49 by an overrated Sam Houston team.

They're 8-3 though
    The loser of Monmouth/Kennesaw will be 9-2 and probably left out. There may not be a single 7 win at-large this year other than UNI but even if you're stacking up an 8-3 Nicholls with a 7-4 USD/Samford/EWU I don't think they win that battle.