Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 6.0

Default Re: Bracketology 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    The jax will be on our side of the bracket. The committee is obsessed with the possibility.
    They are the 5th or 6th best team so I don't have an issue with it.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The thing that is so fucking frustrating about the whole thing is that their main objective should be getting it right. And while there really is no true way of knowing with the last-in/last-out teams, chalk is a good thing for the committee. Having all the seeds win, then having 1 beat 8, 2 beat 7, etc., all the way down the line to having 1 vs 2 in Frisco. That would show that the committee really evaluated the teams in the tournament accurately. Of course they all have their own objectives and agendas so getting it right really doesn't matter to them.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    The thing that is so fucking frustrating about the whole thing is that their main objective should be getting it right. And while there really is no true way of knowing with the last-in/last-out teams, chalk is a good thing for the committee. Having all the seeds win, then having 1 beat 8, 2 beat 7, etc., all the way down the line to having 1 vs 2 in Frisco. That would show that the committee really evaluated the teams in the tournament accurately. Of course they all have their own objectives and agendas so getting it right really doesn't matter to them.

It would be nice if things worked out that way. But funny things happen when teams play. Sometimes the team that is NOT as good wins. Whether it is luck, preparation, injury, or whatever. It is not possible for those things to be predicted

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    It would be nice if things worked out that way. But funny things happen when teams play. Sometimes the team that is NOT as good wins. Whether it is luck, preparation, injury, or whatever. It is not possible for those things to be predicted
    Agreed, but you have to admit when a 2 or 3 seed loses its first game, it doesn't look good.

It’s only 23 games. Of course it’s possible. Unlikely, but definitely possible. The committee generally isn’t very good at identifying the better teams though so...
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don’t think he’s talking about actual game outcomes, rather, seeding it ‘properly’...i.e. without bias, agenda, bus trips, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    While I agree the committee needs to get it right, this was exactly the premise that FBS used to pick national champions prior to the nonsensical 4 team playoff system was devised. Committees and later computers picked the champion because they would "get it right" (<-- "that's purple"). There is a pretty good chance that some combination of the top 8 teams will be in the final but lest we forget, unseeded Youngstown made it to Frisco last year. They earned the right to play. Did the committee get it right? I don't know, but the #1 and #2 seeds went home early.
    I just hope the brackets are not set up to align the MVFC Dakota teams once again.

The MVFC rep better be lobbying hard for a NDSU 2seed with one other MVFC team on our side with other MVFC teams on the other side. Committee from MVFC do your job and not screw the whole conference again.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    While I agree the committee needs to get it right, this was exactly the premise that FBS used to pick national champions prior to the nonsensical 4 team playoff system was devised. Committees and later computers picked the champion because they would "get it right" (<-- "that's purple"). There is a pretty good chance that some combination of the top 8 teams will be in the final but lest we forget, unseeded Youngstown made it to Frisco last year. They earned the right to play. Did the committee get it right? I don't know, but the #1 and #2 seeds went home early.
    I just hope the brackets are not set up to align the MVFC Dakota teams once again.
    I will counter with the fact that the committee seeded UND last year. They did a fabulous job of overrating entire conferences and maximizing bus trips.

Whatever. The Bison will get to prove it on the field. Going to JSU and trashing them would be sweet and would certainly get brought up the next time some weak assed conference demands "respect".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk