Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 6.0

Default Re: Bracketology 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by TinyBisonFan View Post
    That doesn't matter when you play in such a weak conference. If you take a look at their schedule (Southland), it doesn't stack up against almost any other potential 8-3 teams or even a lot of the potential 7-4 teams out of the MVFC, Big Sky, or CAA. I am not impressed by four point wins over Northwestern State or an OT victory over Incarnate Word while getting blown out by 49 by an overrated Sam Houston team.
    It doesnt matter what we think. It's what the committee thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    It doesnt matter what we think. It's what the committee thinks.
    The committee has shown that it doesn't care how difficult the Southland is. Sammy's high seeds every year are proof.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only thing in our control is to win the game and trust the process will work out to a 1 or 2 seed.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The committee has shown that it doesn't care how difficult the Southland is. Sammy's high seeds every year are proof.
    They have? Last year an undefeated SHSU was seeded below four different 1 loss teams. In 2015 undefeated McNeese was seeded below two 2 loss teams and a 1 loss team. I think they've been pretty good about not letting the SLC's inflated records influence their seedings. At least much better than the garbage national polls have been. Last year was the first time SHSU had been seeded since 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They have? Last year an undefeated SHSU was seeded below four different 1 loss teams. In 2015 undefeated McNeese was seeded below two 2 loss teams and a 1 loss team. I think they've been pretty good about not letting the SLC's inflated records influence their seedings. At least much better than the garbage national polls have been.
    It's hard to say. The 24 team expansion is the only thing keeping the SLC a multi-bid league anyway.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If anyone has been habitually overseeded the last few years it's been JSU. They lost in 2014 and 2016 in their first playoff game as a #3 seed (and they could be headed down that same route this year).

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If anyone has been habitually overseeded the last few years it's been JSU. They lost in 2014 and 2016 in their first playoff game as a #3 seed (and they could be headed down that same route this year).
    That's also the product of top heavy conferences beating up on each other

They have? Last year an undefeated SHSU was seeded below four different 1 loss teams. In 2015 undefeated McNeese was seeded below two 2 loss teams and a 1 loss team. I think they've been pretty good about not letting the SLC's inflated records influence their seedings. At least much better than the garbage national polls have been. Last year was the first time SHSU had been seeded since 2011.
    It was only last year that they moved SHSU back a bit

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just doing a comparison of JVSU, UCA and NDSU using stats and sagarin....

JVSU
    10-1, opponent sagarin ave 163
    30.8 ppg offense...14.8 ppg defense.
    3 FCS teams above and below 163...
    Tenn Martin, Nichols, SELA, Maine, A Peay, Villinova
    Combined record for these 6 of 33-27 as of last week.

Central Arkansas
    9-1 opponent sagarin ave 179.
    38 ppg offense ....18.9 ppg defense.
    3 FCS above and below 179
    Liberty, Chattanooga, Tenn St, Rhode Island, Albany, CCSU.
    Combined record for this 6 of 27-34 as of last week.

NDSU
    9-1. Ave Sagarin for opponents...138
    40.9 ppg offense...12.8 ppg defense.
    3 FCS above and below 138...
    Wofford, Yale, Montana, Sac St, New Hampshire, McNeese
    Combined record for this 6 of 45-14 as of last week.

Of course, if NDSU loses I guess it is moot.

Craig Haley on Kolpack and Izzo is confusing me. Yeah, he has Jax St above NDSU which makes no sense. But he just said that if JMU loses, they probably should stay #1. Huh?!!! So NDSU loses to a 10th ranked team or so, they drop 3 spots; but JMU would do the same and not drop?!!! Please 8 pound 6 ounce newborn infant baby Jesus, let the committee be smart on this one.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN