Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ty Brooks

Default Re: Ty Brooks

The quick throw to the sideline is high risk/reward; however, we've gotten past the risk in that no one has intercepted it and taken it to the house. Now it's time for the reward with a pump fake to get the CB to jump the route and a completion up the sideline for a TD.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lance Dunn + Ty = Death by 1000 cuts
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Lance Dunn + Ty = Death by 1000 cuts
    No, they're Brooks & Dunn.

Hail the BISON!!!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

I didn't even see that coming...I like it. Need to play some Brooks and Dunn music in the Dome.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

Ha Ha that was a good one.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

When Ty touched the ball against EWU you could see he was quite the runner. Nice to see he's healthy and has a chance to prove what he has.

In the 6 games he's played, Ty Brooks has amassed 426 net yards on 42 carries for an average of 10.6 yards per carry!

Chad Stark holds the single season school record (1986) averaging 8.6 ypc (101/857). The record book notes that in order to qualify for the record, the player must have a minimum of 100 attempts.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    In the 6 games he's played, Ty Brooks has amassed 426 net yards on 42 carries for an average of 10.6 yards per carry!

Chad Stark holds the single season school record (1986) averaging 8.6 ypc (101/857). The record book notes that in order to qualify for the record, the player must have a minimum of 100 attempts.
    So, counting all the way through the NC, Ty just needs 11.6 carries per game!

Ty is a great runner but I want to see them use him more pass game too. Get him isolated on a LB and watch out! That TD catch in the SDSU game is what I'm talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Ty is a great runner but I want to see them use him more pass game too. Get him isolated on a LB and watch out! That TD catch in the SDSU game is what I'm talking about!
    Couldn't agree more, can you imagine him running the same underneath routes Ryan Smith used to get a couple times per game for big yards? Im perplexed that NDSU has pretty much eliminated that play from its book since Bohl left. Brooks, Shephard, Cain, Dimtri, LET'S GO!!!