Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ty Brooks

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Ty Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Couldn't agree more, can you imagine him running the same underneath routes Ryan Smith used to get a couple times per game for big yards? Im perplexed that NDSU has pretty much eliminated that play from its book since Bohl left. Brooks, Shephard, Cain, Dimtri, LET'S GO!!!
    I don't think you can discount the chemistry that Smith and Jensen had on those plays. Ryan was quick and could get open very well.

CHEMISTRY on a five yard deep crossing route??? You mean a clearing route that is called in the huddle and everyone on the offense is used in a plan to leave the area between the o-line and the linebackers open for a big play over the middle with a small, fast elusive slot back? I'm really not to sure your have good understanding of a CHEMISTRY route, the crossing route is open for fat kids with ice cream cones in their hands. Just Say'n!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I don't think you can discount the chemistry that Smith and Jensen had on those plays. Ryan was quick and could get open very well.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

CHEMISTRY on a five yard deep crossing route??? You mean a clearing route that is called in the huddle and everyone on the offense is used in a plan to leave the area between the o-line and the linebackers open for a big play over the middle with a small, fast elusive slot back? I'm really not to sure your have good understanding of a CHEMISTRY route, the crossing route is open for fat kids with ice cream cones in their hands. Just Say'n!!
    thanks for the football lesson John Madden

god damnit we're bitchy with each other.

Easton Stick doesn't have to be Carson Wentz or even Brock Jensen
    Bruce Anderson doesn't have to be John Crockett
    Ty Brooks doesn't have to be Ryan Smith

To be honest, I really liked Dimitri Williams in that jet sweep role. I hope the USD game was his spark. If he can keep that up, he would be a great slot receiver.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Exactly. Better yet, put Brooks outside and have slot run a Rub Route with Brooks running underneath Crosser, but I’m not sure we have a Rub route in our O passing game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Funny you should mention that because right after my last post I was thinking of that exact play. Its so safe to run as the ball is thrown forward a couple yards and if its well covered or miss thrown its a simple incompletion. Also, Seldom is a pick called even if one occurs. However, if run right there is no need to pick as the half step delay it does cause on the d-backs is all it takes to get the receiver one on one with a linebacker or outside safety, one miss and "He Could Go All The Way"!!! You sir are a great football mind, YOU are hired.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Exactly. Better yet, put Brooks outside and have slot run a Rub Route with Brooks running underneath Crosser, but I’m not sure we have a Rub route in our O passing game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think Ryan caught many 5 yd passes

Quote Originally Posted by gwfan View Post
    Don't think Ryan caught many 5 yd passes
    Are you serious or just joking? Ryan Smith caught a high percentage of his passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, how far he took those grabs is a different story. actually, he caught very few deep balls. He was a clear definition of an underneath weapon.