Thread: U Mary fires Football Head Coach

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default U Mary fires Football Head Coach

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/ko...d018bfa54.html

"Dale Lennon's ties to Josh Kotelnicki run deep.
    The University of Mary athletic director recruited and later coached Kotelnicki at the University of North Dakota. Kotelnicki played for Lennon on UND's 2001 NCAA Division II national championship team.
    But with Lennon now serving as Kotelnicki's boss, the on-field results simply were not there. The school dismissed Kotelnicki as head football coach on Saturday, following a third straight one-win season. Lennon will serve as interim head coach until a hire is made."

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: U Mary fires Football Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/ko...d018bfa54.html

"Dale Lennon's ties to Josh Kotelnicki run deep.
    The University of Mary athletic director recruited and later coached Kotelnicki at the University of North Dakota. Kotelnicki played for Lennon on UND's 2001 NCAA Division II national championship team.
    But with Lennon now serving as Kotelnicki's boss, the on-field results simply were not there. The school dismissed Kotelnicki as head football coach on Saturday, following a third straight one-win season. Lennon will serve as interim head coach until a hire is made."
    There's absolutely no excuse for a program like that to be so terrible...they've had better NAIA teams, much better.

So will Bubba be considered for the move up??????

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So will Bubba be considered for the move up??????
    Do you think they will get the band back together? Where will they put Mussman?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    There's absolutely no excuse for a program like that to be so terrible...they've had better NAIA teams, much better.
    Their competition in NAIA were the likes of Mayville State, Valley City State , Dickie State, Black Hills State, and Dakota State of Madison. Apples to oranges comparison.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Their competition in NAIA were the likes of Mayville State, Valley City State , Dickie State, Black Hills State, and Dakota State of Madison. Apples to oranges comparison.
    I don't think Mary could beat Dickie State this year. The Blue Hawks are off to the NAIA playoffs Saturday!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I'm guessing you have never watched Mary and Dickinson State back in the days...I grew up on NAIA football. They had some talent on those teams. No doubt those teams would embarrass DII Mary.
    This reminds me of my buddies back when the Bison were playing Minnesota in 2006-07...I told them the Bison were going to beat them. Just from watching the talent on both teams, I knew the Bison had a very good chance. They laughed at me and said DII with the likes of UND, USD, SDSU, Northern Colorado, etc...they said, no way in hell the Bison stand a chance against a Big 10 team...in a way they described the comparison as to apples to oranges. So I bet them both 100 bucks and they gladly took the bet even making it more interesting by telling me Minnesota was going to win by at least 4 Td's...so I gladly took that bet.

U Mary hires Craig Bagnell as its next head football coach.

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/ba...52792515b.html

I guess it is too late for Stig to use it as leverage at SDSU to try and get a raise then?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I guess it is too late for Stig to use it as leverage at SDSU to try and get a raise then?
    Probably.