Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: USD Post Game Thoughts

Game thoughts:

1. Great game plan and execution- run commitment but Stick also identified people out of position and kept eyes downfield to burn them early. 11/12 25.6 yards per pass 46 runs 7.4 per. Not every run went for 3.3- RELAX when they don’t.

Bison played their game and were good enough to outplay some calls that didn’t go their way. Team felt this after EWU 2011 and I think got another reminder with SDSU. They may not always win, but I think have the best opportunity when controlling what they can. Some like vanilla and chocolate. I like vanilla. It is what the Bison do.

2. Consistent pressure dinged up Streveler early and he was not able to do his thing later in the game. He came up with a limp in the 2nd or early 3rd and may have impacted his ability to finish throws late. Nothing illegal, but this has been a hallmark for some big, tight Bison wins in the past.

3. Thank you seniors- praying for Kuhnert. Been a tough year for injuries and some positives come out with other people getting opportunities. Hate to see those guys going down and not getting to play.

4. I like the way they are rotating backs. 1-2 punch with a pepper of #3. Bruce may have not shown up a ton but he did have some big yards, and is playing the bruiser role. Maybe needs a little more patience. He will pop a couple yet.

5. Looks to me like these guys just got some of the early season swagger back, and I am optimistic for the rest of the year.

*swagger does not mean cross arms after every decent tackle. Celebrate in a way that doesn’t show up opponents. Hug a teammate or something, because everyone is working on each play. Bison swagger, not look at me swagger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to see next year's season poster have the entire team striking the Cox arms crossed pose I love it so much.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I want to see next year's season poster have the entire team striking the Cox arms crossed pose I love it so much.

Timmerman's season poster is Loaf taking a knee.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    My 6 year old learned the Cam Newton dab at school. He sometimes does it after catching a football while playing catch, remembering to lift the lid to pee, and after brushing teeth.

In fairness he dominated that toothbrush.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    My 6 year old learned the Cam Newton dab at school. He sometimes does it after catching a football while playing catch, remembering to lift the lid to pee, and after brushing teeth.

In fairness he dominated that toothbrush.

6 year olds and Cam Newton. So much in common.

Streivler sp is the real deal and a true dual threat. D settled down after that first drive.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Streivler sp is the real deal and a true dual threat. D settled down after that first drive.
    He is good but the defense is a huge liability. Long season for one guy to carry the load.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I felt so much better when sitting down and seeing USD wearing their Mo State Beat Down Whites (credit to former Bison Andre Smith). Nice to see everyone playing their part and playing as a team. I knew but was still surprised how many seniors we have.
    Their qb is their team. I was surprised they left him in after the game was out of hand. Really a gamble.
    I talked to some usd students at tailgate and they were having a good time and felt welcome. They assured me they will take care of business this coming Saturday against the bunnies
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I felt so much better when sitting down and seeing USD wearing their Mo State Beat Down Whites (credit to former Bison Andre Smith). Nice to see everyone playing their part and playing as a team. I knew but was still surprised how many seniors we have.
    Their qb is their team. I was surprised they left him in after the game was out of hand. Really a gamble.
    I talked to some usd students at tailgate and they were having a good time and felt welcome. They assured me they will take care of business this coming Saturday against the bunnies
    I’m not sure we want that. An SDSU win, combined with an NDSU win, might be enough to finally get both of us
    on opposite brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I’m not sure we want that. An SDSU win, combined with an NDSU win, might be enough to finally get both of us
    on opposite brackets.
    Thus the smile. Do you think usd will win?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans