Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: USD Post Game Thoughts

Can we please stop running the RPO from the shotgun for 2 yard gain? It really isn't an RPO if you mostly just run. Just run a shotgun zone run play then. Or at least throw a sweep with a 2 RB set.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I really don't get how Stick is a better qb than Strevler, but maybe I am a total idiot
    Strevler is a stud.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Defense looked good, too. Held USD to their lowest scoring output this year.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Great game today!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Can we please stop running the RPO from the shotgun for 2 yard gain? It really isn't an RPO if you mostly just run. Just run a shotgun zone run play then. Or at least throw a sweep with a 2 RB set.
    I think it's good for a change of pace but like Stick under center

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Defense looked good, too. Held USD to their lowest scoring output this year.
    USD was 0-4 on 4th down attempts. I think that was huge. We gave up some yards to a great offense but came up with big stops when we needed to!

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This game made the Bison offense and defense stats to date look pretty legit. One can draw any conclusion they wish, but the doubters indicating all of the offense/defense production was due to a weak schedule now have to include most of the MVFC. Shutting down USD's offensive scoring machine was no small task nor was putting up over 600 yards of total offense and 49 points. I do hope the bulk of the injuries were relatively minor and the guys will be be back again this season.

Dmitri Williams had an excellent game, overshadowed by others but very, very solid player.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Screw that TE that SDSU has, I would put our TE's right up there with him any day. They got open, they were catching balls and their runs after that catch were awesome. It was nice watching them bounce off defenders, stiff arming them and carrying 2-3 of them down field before getting tackled.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Screw that TE that SDSU has, I would put our TE's right up there with him any day. They got open, they were catching balls and their runs after that catch were awesome. It was nice watching them bounce off defenders, stiff arming them and carrying 2-3 of them down field before getting tackled.
    Illies rarely goes down on first contact. Huge yac today.