Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois St

Default Re: Illinois St

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    The defense will need to switch gears a little after facing the Jacks and Yotes high powered passing offenses. The Redbirds are a more typical physical Valley team. They will run the ball and Robinson IMO is the best Rb in the conference. I like the match up. Let's out physical them!
    After watching the ISUr vs SDSU game, If the Bison can shut down their run game, I don't think they can beat us throwing the ball. I agree about the ISUr RB's, they both looked good. A side note, the ISUr defense had good success against the SDSU passing game, not so much by putting pressure on Christion, but by getting their hands up on the LOS when he threw. They deflected quite a few pass attempts.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

If that team that showed up last week makes it to Normal, it won't even be close.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ISUr had their backup running QB starting against SDSU and still almost won. No idea what the situation is with the QB, but something to keep an eye on...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    ISUr had their backup running QB starting against SDSU and still almost won. No idea what the situation is with the QB, but something to keep an eye on...
    According to an Illinois St guy on AGS their starter Kolbe was injured but did dress against SDSU to play in an emergency situation. However, reading this article makes it seems like this was just Spack trying to spark the offense with a new QB after their lackluster loss to WIU the weekend before last. The ISU guy on AGS seems to think they'll play both QBs this week against NDSU but I get the feeling that it'll be Broadnax again. Given NDSU's struggles to defend against mobile QBs I kinda hope they play Kolbe, he's more the traditional passer whereas Broadnax is kind of a poor man's Tre Roberson (though he's just a freshman now) as a dual threat from what I understand.

Given the wind forecast I think throwing is going to problematic for both teams so it'll boil down to which team can run the ball and/or defend against the run better.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    According to an Illinois St guy on AGS their starter Kolbe was injured but did dress against SDSU to play in an emergency situation. However, reading this article makes it seems like this was just Spack trying to spark the offense with a new QB after their lackluster loss to WIU the weekend before last. The ISU guy on AGS seems to think they'll play both QBs this week against NDSU but I get the feeling that it'll be Broadnax again. Given NDSU's struggles to defend against mobile QBs I kinda hope they play Kolbe, he's more the traditional passer whereas Broadnax is kind of a poor man's Tre Roberson (though he's just a freshman now) as a dual threat from what I understand.

Given the wind forecast I think throwing is going to problematic for both teams so it'll boil down to which team can run the ball and/or defend against the run better.
    And for the first time in years I'm not sold on our run game being reliable

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

at 6'3 195? I can't wait until me meets Jabril Cox and Nick Deluca out there.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I will be in Bloomington Saturday, but I won't be at the game. I will be on a football field though. 2 miles south of Illinois State is Illinois Wesleyan University. They will be hosting Case Western Reserve in the first round of the D3 playoffs. I was hoping they would have staggered kickoff times so I could either join the tailgate or see some of the game, but they both kick off at noon. If the Bison game turns into a blowout and you want to venture down to see some playoff football you will get a sighting of me. It will be torture to be that close but not able to see the game, but I'm excited and honored to be assigned to a playoff game. Safe travels to everyone who will be there!

Quote Originally Posted by indybison View Post
    i will be in bloomington saturday, but i won't be at the game. I will be on a football field though. 2 miles south of illinois state is illinois wesleyan university. They will be hosting case western reserve in the first round of the d3 playoffs. I was hoping they would have staggered kickoff times so i could either join the tailgate or see some of the game, but they both kick off at noon. If the bison game turns into a blowout and you want to venture down to see some playoff football you will get a sighting of me. It will be torture to be that close but not able to see the game, but i'm excited and honored to be assigned to a playoff game. Safe travels to everyone who will be there!
    mibt! .
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Weather forecast predicts a cold and windy day in Normal, IL. So passing game might be difficult, may be more of a ground and pound strategy ?
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    It will be torture to be that close but not able to see the game
    /Insert blind ref joke here/
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."