Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois St

Default Re: Illinois St

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    More importantly, I hope we see the USD version of OC Mess. He sucked against SDSU. His Big Fluffy roots came through in his gameplan and play calling. He wanted to run and pass out of the shotgun, a direction started in the previous games. You can't run as effectively, like the Bison want to, especially with power, out of the shotgun. Mess was fucking with the offense in a bad way. I think Klieman shut that shit down which is why Stick was under center for most of the game. I think he is more comfortable with that type of formation which is why he played so well. Mess needs to stop messing with the basic premise of the Bison offense.
    His big sky roots? He was at Montana state for a year. Midwest guy. Almost always coached in the Midwest. Never understood why people talk big sky about him. Just my humble opinion.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Sorry.....that post was clearly late to the party. Ha
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Party doesn't start until Ron gets there

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I tried explaining the same thing last week in regards to Messingham's coaching history, but knuckleheads will be knuckleheads.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Last week was as Big Sky as it gets. CK made it sound like he was going to talk to both his coordinators. Glad it worked.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The defense will need to switch gears a little after facing the Jacks and Yotes high powered passing offenses. The Redbirds are a more typical physical Valley team. They will run the ball and Robinson IMO is the best Rb in the conference. I like the match up. Let's out physical them!

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    The defense will need to switch gears a little after facing the Jacks and Yotes high powered passing offenses. The Redbirds are a more typical physical Valley team. They will run the ball and Robinson IMO is the best Rb in the conference. I like the match up. Let's out physical them!
    I thought they had a great WR Anthony Warrum
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    More importantly, I hope we see the USD version of OC Mess. He sucked against SDSU. His Big Fluffy roots came through in his gameplan and play calling. He wanted to run and pass out of the shotgun, a direction started in the previous games. You can't run as effectively, like the Bison want to, especially with power, out of the shotgun. Mess was fucking with the offense in a bad way. I think Klieman shut that shit down which is why Stick was under center for most of the game. I think he is more comfortable with that type of formation which is why he played so well. Mess needs to stop messing with the basic premise of the Bison offense.
    My guess is he was under center 25 plays and in shotgun 25 plays. Much more balanced than against SDSU. If we are not going to run Easton out of the read option than we need to get out of that formation. I think Easton's only good running play was a designed QB draw. I would personally like to see more I-formation like we saw Saturday but then give Easton the chance with the QB boots a little more often (maybe they are just holding onto that for the playoffs).

I think Brooks and Wilson can run ok out of the spread but Bruce has turned into needing that head of steam to get a good run off.

I just have to make it a point to find my old friend 4th and bitchy.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Marriott for us.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans