Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hey Guys!

Default Re: Hey Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'd prefer to avoid taco stands with dish washers. Don't the paper plates get soggy?
    Hi Tony,

Taco stands are more of a Los Angeles thing. Santa Barbara is about two hours north; we’re kind of an upscale town; lots of good Mexican restaurants like Los Agaves and Los Arroyos. UCSB is about 15 minutes north of Santa Barbara in a town called Isla Vista. A couple cheaper places to grub but no taco stands.

Safe travels Tony.

I actually really like Santa Barbara, reminds me of Fargo but smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefstinkyfinger View Post
    Hi Tony,

Taco stands are more of a Los Angeles thing. Santa Barbara is about two hours north; we’re kind of an upscale town; lots of good Mexican restaurants like Los Agaves and Los Arroyos. UCSB is about 15 minutes north of Santa Barbara in a town called Isla Vista. A couple cheaper places to grub but no taco stands.

Safe travels Tony.
    Kinda wish I was going out there! Santa Barbara is a very nice place: gorgeous views, nice houses, and splendid weather. Not to mention that I've retained my childhood fascination with paleontology, and Santa Barbara is littered with fossils - and I'm not just talking about the University Club.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I actually really like Santa Barbara, reminds me of Fargo but smaller.
    You're pretty close tailgate. On a scale of 1-10, girls are only about 7 points better looking in Santa Barbara than Fargo. I see it's 65 degrees, sunny right now in Santa Barbara and 12 degrees in Fargo. About the same give or take 55 degrees. They made a movie once about comparing Santa Barbara, CA and Fargo, ND. Remember? Twins!!!

Arnold is Santa Barbara, and Danny is Fargo, ND. Identical twins!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

You should be outside in sunny Santa Barbara.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    You should be outside in sunny Santa Barbara.
    Dude, Do you think I’m on a Dixie cup and string in the igloo next track over? We play outside 12 months a year minus a couple days of rain. We don’t spray tan in so cal; we live the dream minus a few fires and occasional quake.

Can any of you guys talk basketball?

Dude, Do you think I’m on a Dixie cup and string in the igloo next track over? We play outside 12 months a year minus a couple days of rain. We don’t spray tan in so cal; we live the dream minus a few fires and occasional quake.

Yeah if weather is your only gauge of quality of life I am in.

Unfortunately I want to own a nice house and the mediun cost of a home in Santa Barbara is over a million dollars. I currently own a house in Fargo, a lake cabin in Minnesota , and have an inexpensive vacation house in Florida. All 3 are less than than a million bucks!

I spend my summers on the lake, my weekdays in Fargo, and a big chunk of the winter down south where the weather is gorgeous. I rent it during the rest of the year so I can afford it. I wouldn't trade it for anything. My weather sucks for only a few months out of the year but us weird Midwest people actually enjoy the 4 seasons.

Now if you want to spend 750k on a 2 bedroom condo on Santa Barbara that's not on the ocean... I got 3 homes for slightly more!
    Last edited by HerdBot; 11-10-2017 at 05:15 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Yes, UCSB had quite the team last year.

Fish tacos ��
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Now if you want to spend 750k on a 2 bedroom condo on Santa Barbara that's not on the ocean... I got 3 homes for slightly more!
    750K would be a steal! Buy it! It really sucks when you make huge capital gains when you sell that 750k condo in 20 years for 2MM, right? Now we have to deal with the profit from that sale.

We are really high maintenance in So Cal, we like attractive woman and nice weather.