Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bracketology 5.0

Default Re: Bracketology 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    So.... You're saying there's a chance?????

Yes, I suppose it is theoretically possible. But very, very unlikely if you ask me. I think Elon is a respectable team this year, but I don't think they'd have a prayer to finish at .500 playing in the Valley. JMU would be a top team in the Valley this year.
    Elon has won every game close, beating some real dogs close, but also beating some ranked teams by a point or two. JMU should be minimum two touchdowns better, but the game is at Elon.

Here is a link to the game for anyone interested.... portal.stretchinternet.com/elon/portal.htm?eventId=373963&streamType=video

oh for fucks sake...This is JMU's last real games venue?

Hope the Bison can show more emotion moving forward, definitely have the talent and fan base, Its ok to be excited after big plays and big wins.
    Last edited by KNOW IT ALL; 11-10-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I don't think JMU has much to worry about in NDSU if the Bison don't find a bit of FIRE in the blood. This team has been flat for two years, playing with such little emotion, Neither the HC or QB on this team have any ability to motivate openly, something sadly missing on a weekly basis. It filters into the crowd, tv sets at home, bars. This program is missing SWAG! like it had in years past. I think both the QB and HC are quality people but they simply are missing a very important ingredient for the positions they are in. Hope Im wrong come playoff time but I felt the same coming into last years playoffs and nothing changed. How can winning look so boring???
    NDSU has never worried about looking "boring", winning is the expectation. Emotional coaches and players can be good and bad. I have seen this year after a big play we have to take a timeout because the coaches and players are celebrating and not getting the next play called and lined up for it. I guess I would rather save the timeout instead of burning one when not needed. An extra time out right before halftime would come in handy some weeks. But if you like the clock running out on the one yard line, then we have that covered. There needs to be focus on the part of the coaches and players. Understand if the current play does or does not work, what do we do next. Need to think a play ahead.
    No really in our games but you will see a team go for it on 3 and 6. they throw a 15 yard pass and it is incomplete. But then the turn around on 4-6 and run a similar play. Why not try and get 3-4 yards on 3rd down and only need 2 on 4th. You decided you were going for it already on third down.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    NDSU has never worried about looking "boring", winning is the expectation. Emotional coaches and players can be good and bad. I have seen this year after a big play we have to take a timeout because the coaches and players are celebrating and not getting the next play called and lined up for it. I guess I would rather save the timeout instead of burning one when not needed. An extra time out right before halftime would come in handy some weeks. But if you like the clock running out on the one yard line, then we have that covered. There needs to be focus on the part of the coaches and players. Understand if the current play does or does not work, what do we do next. Need to think a play ahead.
    No really in our games but you will see a team go for it on 3 and 6. they throw a 15 yard pass and it is incomplete. But then the turn around on 4-6 and run a similar play. Why not try and get 3-4 yards on 3rd down and only need 2 on 4th. You decided you were going for it already on third down.
    Im not saying I want coaches and players that seek personal glorification after every play, ala Miami Hurricanes, but I do feel emotion is important. I hate to keep going back to Bohl, but he did have the right amount. There is a difference in playing with some emotion and fire vs. being idiots (Miami Canes). Again, This Bison team is a tough beat but would like to see some more passion.
    Last edited by KNOW IT ALL; 11-10-2017 at 07:30 PM.