Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 5.0

Default Re: Bracketology 5.0

Dom's Bracket...

NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like Dom's bracket, no way it plays out that way.

Lets get some discussion going. Based off some projections, theres going to be some worthy teams left out of the bracket. If Monmouth beats Kennesaw and wins the Big South, does the committee put in Kennesaw? Theyd probably have a 9-2 record, but 1 non DI win. The Big Sky may have a few 7-4 teams. Austin Peay, could be 7-4, but 3 losses would be to FBS. What do you do with a 9-2 Nicholls but they avoided UCA? Or McNeese who will likely be 9-2, but avoided SHSU? Both are probably in. Weber St and SUU could finish 9-2. Do they get seeded over 8-3 USD, SDSU, Elon? If Elon finishes 1-1 I think they're seeded, but could very well go 0-2 playing @ UNH and vs JMU.
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 11-09-2017 at 06:52 PM.

I feel like Montana is going to be a very undeserving playoff team but at 8-3 not sure how the committee sees past those $$$$ that a Griz home game will rake in on Thanksgiving weekend.

My issue with all SLC teams is that half of their conference schedule is pretty much a burning landfill of horrible teams. All of their records are inflated.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I feel like Montana is going to be a very undeserving playoff team but at 8-3 not sure how the committee sees past those $$$$ that a Griz home game will rake in on Thanksgiving weekend.

My issue with all SLC teams is that half of their conference schedule is pretty much a burning landfill of horrible teams. All of their records are inflated.
    It's only been that way since 2011

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Three Big Sky teams is right on Dom. I finally agree with Dom on his bracket projection after years of him always having way too many Big Sky teams included. Just because the Big Sky has a couple of dozen teams doesn't mean their playoff participants should be based on numbers only, conference performance and quality of teams must also be considered!

Would love to see this bracket but Im sticking with my prediction, NDSU and SDSU meet in round 2 or 3. The committee will see to it. Do I think there is an agenda? YEP!

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Would love to see this bracket but Im sticking with my prediction, NDSU and SDSU meet in round 2 or 3. The committee will see to it. Do I think there is an agenda? YEP!
    We have USD in the mix now if they stick with proximity
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

UNI and Illinois St haven't played this year. Do they get matched up if both get in? Of course it will be a tall task for ISU.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    They've already shocked a few teams and could do it to JMU
    So.... You're saying there's a chance?????

Yes, I suppose it is theoretically possible. But very, very unlikely if you ask me. I think Elon is a respectable team this year, but I don't think they'd have a prayer to finish at .500 playing in the Valley. JMU would be a top team in the Valley this year.