Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 10 Polls

Default Re: Week 10 Polls

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It may move them up in the selection committee rankings but I'd all but guarantee it won't move them up in the STATS or Coaches poll. Of course the selection committee rankings are all that really matters.
    Exactly—so who GAS about the other ones at this point or whenever. Guarantee the team/players don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Disagree. Two decisive wins going forward will move us back up. The question is whether we can. That’s what voters are questioning right now, as am I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While I don't necessarily disagree with anything you have said, I think Kolpack and Izzo on their blog made a valid point. Over the past 5-6 years when Jackoff State or Sammy Huff'nPuff lose they drop only one or two spots despite playing NO ONE. Bison lose to a top ten opponent and consistently drop 4-5 spots. To me the answer is the "voters" simply envy, are jealous of, or hate the Bison, so I really don't think two decisive wins will mean shit to those voters.

What is important is if the committee chair on their radio show two Saturday's ago was taking bullshit or if they are going to walk their talk when he said the committee uses a "body" of work and that they recognize "good losses" when developing their poll (which personally I believe is a crock of shit since the committee is still dominated by small conferences who particularly hate the larger ones). So, if losing to #8 in the polls on their field isn't a good loss I don't know what the fuck is.

Bottom line, I don't give two shits about these worthless fucking polls you are all fussing about. I do care about the one coming later this week.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It is kind of funny actually looking at the Coaches poll. We drop 4 spots and SDSU moves up 4 spots. They are giving SDSU credit for a victory over a good team and they make it seem like we lost to an extremely poor team. Regardless we win out and we're a top 4 team.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    While I don't necessarily disagree with anything you have said, I think Kolpack and Izzo on their blog made a valid point. Over the past 5-6 years when Jackoff State or Sammy Huff'nPuff lose they drop only one or two spots despite playing NO ONE. Bison lose to a top ten opponent and consistently drop 4-5 spots. To me the answer is the "voters" simply envy, are jealous of, or hate the Bison, so I really don't think two decisive wins will mean shit to those voters.

What is important is if the committee chair on their radio show two Saturday's ago was taking bullshit or if they are going to walk their talk when he said the committee uses a "body" of work and that they recognize "good losses" when developing their poll (which personally I believe is a crock of shit since the committee is still dominated by small conferences who particularly hate the larger ones). So, if losing to #8 in the polls on their field isn't a good loss I don't know what the fuck is.

Bottom line, I don't give two shits about these worthless fucking polls you are all fussing about. I do care about the one coming later this week.
    Regardless how the committee rankings come out this week they proved last year they don't slot vote (unlike these "national" poll voters). Meaning a team can move up without a team in front of them losing and a team can move down even though they won. NDSU is playing much tougher teams these last two weeks than JSU, UCA, or SHSU are so they should still control their own destiny to get to that #2 seed even if the committee ranks them at #4 or #5 on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Regardless how the committee rankings come out this week they proved last year they don't slot vote (unlike these "national" poll voters). Meaning a team can move up without a team in front of them losing and a team can move down even though they won. NDSU is playing much tougher teams these last two weeks than JSU, UCA, or SHSU are so they should still control their own destiny to get to that #2 seed even if the committee ranks them at #4 or #5 on Thursday.
    My hope would be that the committee would recognize how strong the MVFC is and reward its teams accordingly. But that isn’t happening. Only 3 in the top 10 was already a joke last week.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Jeff Kolpack is whack. His poll puts SDSU as #2 and NDSU at #3. LOL. Must be taking lessons from McFooly.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Jeff Kolpack is whack. His poll puts SDSU as #2 and NDSU at #3. LOL. Must be taking lessons from McFooly.
    NDSU wins last two regular season games, they will be rank #2. SDSU and USD have to play each other. One road to Frisco will go through Fargo.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Just put as many MV teams in as possible and seed them in opposite brackets evenly (which will NEVER happen) and let the chips fall where they may. The MV will clobber every team out there other than James Madison, as they are legit. Its actually fun watching MV teams get poor draws, makes the tourney fun to follow with all the upsets. For it to matter you have to win them all anyhow.

We are in the time of year when polls matter. Late season polls are not only a verification of past performance but also an indicator of what direction the voters feel that team’s trend may be. Poll voters are not blind. They see the plethora of injuries and the uneven play. They see the turnovers and the decline of dominance on the lines. They see that NDSU can no longer dominate TOP, run the ball effectively or maintain drives. If I was a poll voter, my #2 ranking of NDSU would have been very tentative given the way they were playing lately and thus the SDSU loss was a just a verification that NDSU is, indeed, very vulnerable. NDSU needs to turn it around in the next two weeks or the poll voters will view it as a late season collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Just put as many MV teams in as possible and seed them in opposite brackets evenly (which will NEVER happen) and let the chips fall where they may. The MV will clobber every team out there other than James Madison, as they are legit. Its actually fun watching MV teams get poor draws, makes the tourney fun to follow with all the upsets. For it to matter you have to win them all anyhow.
    This year has the potential to be bad for an unbalanced MVFC bracket. UNI and Illinois St don't play each other in the regular season and both are likely unseeded teams if they make the playoffs so they'll almost certainly be matched up with each other in the first round. Then after that I would guess they'll be fed into either USD or SDSU (whoever wins that last game and gets seeded) since either is a potential bus trip if UNI wins. Then whoever is unseeded between USD and SDSU gets fed into NDSU since that's a potential bus trip for either as well. So you could have two 3 team pods that look like this:

UNI/Illinois St winner to SDSU
    USD/Random Big Sky School winner to NDSU

Say they seed NDSU 3 and SDSU 6 that could all be in one quarter of the bracket (so 5 MVFC in one 6 team quarter of the bracket). They could get by with their new little rule about not putting all teams from a conference on one side of the bracket by sticking Western Illinois on the other side.