Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mangy Dogs discussion

Default Mangy Dogs discussion

Time for everyone to move on, got another tough one coming up, we need to play much better to secure a win this week at home
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Mangy Dogs discussion

To paraphrase Sylvester Stallone in his greatest work "Cobra" - The mangy dogs are the disease. The Bison are the cure.

I'd guess the team will put in a great week of practice after the debacle on Saturday. Add in senior day and (presumably) an appearance from a certain former QB doing pretty well in the NFL with the family of the Dutch Destroyer and the crowd should be electric as well.

As for the Xs and Os I have no clue. Big improvements are needed on both sides of the ball so I'm just gonna hope this team and coaching staff shows their championship pedigree and rights the ship in a big way.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Their key is snapping the ball under 10 seconds every play. They play a quick uptempo offense to catch opposing Defense off guard.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'd guess the team will put in a great week of practice after the debacle on Saturday. Add in senior day and (presumably) an appearance from a certain former QB doing pretty well in the NFL with the family of the Dutch Destroyer and the crowd should be electric as well.

As for the Xs and Os I have no clue. Big improvements are needed on both sides of the ball so I'm just gonna hope this team and coaching staff shows their championship pedigree and rights the ship in a big way.

My guess is he'll be back early enough to work one on one with Easton and help get him back on track.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    My guess is he'll be back early enough to work one on one with Easton and help get him back on track.
    More importantly should work on the routes with his receivers. Right now it looks like he has no clue where his receivers are on the field.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Streveler is the best QB in the FCS
    The fella that watches the CFL

I feel really, really bad for USD next week. We all know what typically happens after a Bison loss......

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I feel really, really bad for USD next week. We all know what typically happens after a Bison loss......
    I don't feel bad for them at all!

So 6th ranked South Dakota (7-1) travels to Northern Iowa.
    All the peak playoff possibilities in front of them. A high seed, hosting playoff games, deep playoff run, you name it.
    Then the ‘Yotes lose to Northern Iowa 35-29. Record now 7-2, leaving on the schedule a road game to Fargo and a home game against the resurgent rival Jackrabbits......

Lose both and USD would enter postseason on a 3 game losing streak, possibly playing on the road. What a change of fortune that would be for the ‘Yotes. For what they wanted, that puts the NDSU-SDSU games close to a must-win-one category.
    NDSU facing another team in their SuperBowl ala the Jackrabbits??? *
    2 consecutive Coyote SuperBowls against NDSU-SDSU???

Looming over all of this is the suspension of the 3 South Dakota players. They were held out of the Southern Illinois victory, but charges were not filed until the next week. How is this affecting the team psyche?

*SuperBowl phrase used because SDSU fans in absolute denial mode that the NDSU game is their SuperBowl......