Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Mangy Dogs discussion

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Mangy Dogs discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    It's obvious that we have become completely spoiled and the fire is not there in the crowds the last couple years. We just expect to win every game and then maybe get loud once we reach the semis.
    Playoffs are always louder, different group of fans in those corporate seats that pay and cheer

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gate City Bank will be handing out 9,000 Live Like Lucas bracelets at the game.

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Gate City Bank will be handing out 9,000 Live Like Lucas bracelets at the game.
    Full Tilt, God's Speed Lucas.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Just left the TM lunch. Coach said that because they use claps to snap the ball, we should be clapping when they are on offense. Makes you go hmmm...
    Give me two claps and a Rick Flair woooooooo
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

SDSU QB Christion did a good job pre-snap of getting the Bison D to show where the blitz was coming from. Did not rewatch the game to check, but I don’t remember NDSU changing out of the original defensive call after Christion would do this. Will be interested to see if the coaches adjust for this, show fake blitzes etc, so Streveler doesn’t always know if or where the blitz is coming from, run blitzes included.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    SDSU QB Christion did a good job pre-snap of getting the Bison D to show where the blitz was coming from. Did not rewatch the game to check, but I don’t remember NDSU changing out of the original defensive call after Christion would do this. Will be interested to see if the coaches adjust for this, show fake blitzes etc, so Streveler doesn’t always know if or where the blitz is coming from, run blitzes included.
    Easier to do that on the road also because you can use a dummy snap count. I would guess with USD's fast paced offense and the crowd noise that won't be as much of an issue this week. However, you are right that the blitz not getting home was a major issue last week and left the secondary out to dry several times. It won't get any easier this week against a QB like Streveler so hopefully some improvement is made.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Easier to do that on the road also because you can use a dummy snap count. I would guess with USD's fast paced offense and the crowd noise that won't be as much of an issue this week. However, you are right that the blitz not getting home was a major issue last week and left the secondary out to dry several times. It won't get any easier this week against a QB like Streveler so hopefully some improvement is made.
    I agree. This game to me is all about the DL. Keeping contain, keeping Streveler in the pocket and doing their job. DT's must make plays in the RPO game. In the past, most big plays against us is when a dual threat QB breaks contain and asks a DB to cover a guy for 4 seconds. Nobody covers a WR for 4 seconds. We cannot allow this to happen. Looking for a big game from our young DE's, it is time to not be young anymore. Expect greatness from our future, the future is now. This is a playoff game as far as I am concerned.

On offense, I would die to see more of a 50/50 split with Ty and Bruce. I think it is official that Ty is finally 100%. That has been a long time coming. Last week he was explosive. Turn the kid loose. If things go right, it would be fun to see them both with a ton of carries. I would also love to see a very short passing game getting the ball into Dmitri and Cain's hands. That can be almost an extension of the run game, can get us 6-8 yards, keep the clock moving and get them involved. We need the ball in the hands of playmakers. Great day ahead tomorrow. The Rams will be up to the challenge, and they have been challenged.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    More importantly should work on the routes with his receivers. Right now it looks like he has no clue where his receivers are on the field.
    Agreed. Whether Easton had one bad game (SDSU) and two games prior where he played well at times, but bad at other times (in his passing game), his passing game needs work and needs to be corrected if the Bison are to make a run deep into the playoffs, and especially against JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    I can't in good conscience support this. Green Green Yellow, heck yeah. Bison color rush? no thanks.
    Sure glad all you people concerned about uniform colors aren't one of the coaches. Sheesh, since when does the color of a jersey determine who wins a football game. What a waste of people's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Sure glad all you people concerned about uniform colors aren't one of the coaches. Sheesh, since when does the color of a jersey determine who wins a football game. What a waste of people's time.
    what peoples? you? I wasted time reading this comment.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯