Thread: Daktronics open

Default Daktronics open

The projected redshirts, plus Cam and Fogarty are in Brookings for the Dak.

I'm most interested in the freshman today. Also, Gable Steveson and Metz should meet in round two

Early impresisons:

Degan- Looks like an interesting prospect. Very long and thin, but that presents problems for some guys. He had some very fundamental flaws on his feet in his last match, but he remained active and showed a good gas tank.

Midkiff- Very excited about him. I expect him to meet Polakowski later today and that should be a great test

Default Re: Daktronics open

Steveson dominated, but that isn't a surprise. Metz did just beat Patrick Grayson which is a good win for a true freshman. David Jensen for 3rd will be another good test

Degan will get another shot at Peska for third. Degan beat Midkiff earlier too

Van Maanen didn't have a great day, but flashed. He had some nice counter attacks. He looked a bit tentative today, but hopefully it was just nerves.

Fogarty lost to Isaiah White, who transferred to Nebraska after dominating in D2. The frustrating thing was the lack of urgency on Fogarty's part despite being a takedown behind and 30 seconds left. It's an issue I've had with him in the past too. Not a bad loss (White is a top 15 guy), but would've liked more urgency.

Shearer has looked ok today. His brother has looked very good though. Jordan is far too good to sit as a 4th string guy and would look great in green and gold next year...

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Steveson dominated, but that isn't a surprise. Metz did just beat Patrick Grayson which is a good win for a true freshman. David Jensen for 3rd will be another good test

Degan will get another shot at Peska for third. Degan beat Midkiff earlier too

Van Maanen didn't have a great day, but flashed. He had some nice counter attacks. He looked a bit tentative today, but hopefully it was just nerves.

Fogarty lost to Isaiah White, who transferred to Nebraska after dominating in D2. The frustrating thing was the lack of urgency on Fogarty's part despite being a takedown behind and 30 seconds left. It's an issue I've had with him in the past too. Not a bad loss (White is a top 15 guy), but would've liked more urgency.

Shearer has looked ok today. His brother has looked very good though. Jordan is far too good to sit as a 4th string guy and would look great in green and gold next year...
    Oh?? What are we saying here?

Any idea why the Bison didn’t send the rest of the lineup? Competing somewhere else?
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Any idea why the Bison didn’t send the rest of the lineup? Competing somewhere else?
    Intersquad dual I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Yeah, Christopher is right.

I thought the big developments from the scrimmage were:
    Gliva beating both Bengston and Friedman.
    Colunga up big before getting pinned by Hampton.
    Witzig took McNutt to OT
    Mergen took Ream to OT

Did Cam take the mat against Tucker Sjomeling, or was he already done for the day? He looked a little banged up after his first match, despite winning by tech in the first period.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    Did Cam take the mat against Tucker Sjomeling, or was he already done for the day? He looked a little banged up after his first match, despite winning by tech in the first period.
    ??? Sorry if I'm confused. Where would cam have wrestled tucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas96 View Post
    ??? Sorry if I'm confused. Where would cam have wrestled tucker.
    Daktronics Open at SDSU.

Also to answer RadioBison's question he did not take the mat he MFF out of the tournament after the first match.