Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Offense : 4 turnovers, discuss

Default Offense : 4 turnovers, discuss

I know it was 5, but that last one doesn't count.

We go into a game against a team that can't stop the run yet we only get 59 yards from our running backs. I hated the way we called this game. Too many 1st or 2nd down incompletions putting us I'm 3rd and long. Too much shotgun. No Play action. We got our ass handed to us in time of possession and didn't stick to the run.

Of course the defense wilted late when we needed them but since our offense can't sustain a drive since they were on the field all day

SDSU out physicalled us but much of that has to do with our offense stinking up the joint

Can't win with 4 turnovers. Ever vs any team on the planet

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Offense : 4 turnovers, discuss

Never felt like we tried to get the running game going. Maybe they weee stacking the box but still.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Never felt like we tried to get the running game going. Maybe they weee stacking the box but still.
    Playaction...nobody is tricked by the read option

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Yeah, sometime you just need to line up a play to our strength rather than always take what the D is giving us. I would love to see 3 tight end sets, pound the rock and short play action passes. Much more QB friendly

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Yeah, sometime you just need to line up a play to our strength rather than always take what the D is giving us. I would love to see 3 tight end sets, pound the rock and short play action passes. Much more QB friendly

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Yeah the time that really jumps out is the pick before half time which essentially cost us the game. 2 minutes left. Move the ball on the ground with short passes or the running game. Best case scenario we score a TD with a little time on the clock or attempt a field goal. Worst case we punt and they have to go 80 yards and take a knee. In reality we throw a low percentage deep ball that's picked and they score, essentially fucking ourselves

Feels like that's too many.

Very bad execution in most phases of the game. Still...we were in it until late...

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Wow Klieman sounds really pissed during his press conference

Run. The. Damn. Ball. We tried to establish pass against a bad run defense. That simple.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club