Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Also caught a screen cap of some Brookings 9's

hubba hubba.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Easton had a bad day today--no argument there, but I'm wondering about the lack of improvement this year. Early on, it looked like he had worked on his throwing motion and was throwing faster and straighter than last year. As the season has gone on, he's lost his accuracy and just seems overwhelmed at times. I know that Easton had some time with Carson last summer when the Eagles were in Fargo. I'm wondering if now Easton is too conscious of his play. In other words, it seems like he's overthinking it (the double-pump today comes to mind).

Anyone else sense this? Or have other possible explanations?
    Basically agree with you. I don't know the reason why Easton is having passing problems. Is it because he is "too conscious"? or "overthinking it"? I don't know.
    If seems to me - and others know the game better than me - that he is having issues reading defenses quickly and in response to that making quick and good decisions about where to throw the ball. My impression is that he will go with a primary receiver who is covered, while overlooking the secondary option receiver, or simply not look around or see a 2nd (or 3rd) receiver who is open and then shifting on his feet quickly to rifle the ball out there. Watched Wentz today, he is good at this. Not fair, I suppose, to compare a college QB with one in the pros, but 'yes' I think Easton is having issues. Why? Can't say.

I might add, this all aint a reason to give up on or quit on Easton. He has played some very good games ... he needs to get his mojo back. He won't be as good as Brock or Carson, but he has been better than he is now and I hope he gets it back and gets the swagger back before the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Basically agree with you. I don't know the reason why Easton is having passing problems. Is it because he is "too conscious"? or "overthinking it"? I don't know.
    If seems to me - and others know the game better than me - that he is having issues reading defenses quickly and in response to that making quick and good decisions about where to throw the ball. My impression is that he will go with a primary receiver who is covered, while overlooking the secondary option receiver, or simply not look around or see a 2nd (or 3rd) receiver who is open and then shifting on his feet quickly to rifle the ball out there. Watched Wentz today, he is good at this. Not fair, I suppose, to compare a college QB with one in the pros, but 'yes' I think Easton is having issues. Why? Can't say.
    He is playing good defenses and is an average, at best, QB. That’s what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    He hit him with his shoulder, I went back to the video and saw. I will agree he was defenseless, no reason to take that cheap shot. Of course, that's what they do.
    No reason to take it? Sure, except if he squirts free and runs for a TD...you play to the whistle...cheap??? puh-leez.

I think you are far more butt hurt about it than Williams is...keep searching screen shots of the crowd for your late night spank bank. You have a lot of tension to relieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    No reason to take it? Sure, except if he squirts free and runs for a TD...you play to the whistle...cheap??? puh-leez.
    I agree with the SDSU guy. Good stick by the kicker.

Dewey

Rosenboom has a way cheaper shot late in the game after a guy was down. But that’s what he does so it wasn’t surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    He is playing good defenses and is an average, at best, QB. That’s what is happening.
    Ugh. Enough. You are on a roll these last couple days. You have cussed people out. Called them names. Crowed about how they were wrong two years ago about Carson Wentz and his injury. Went on and on about the shortcomings of Stick on multiple threads. Enough.

Easton Stick is the quarterback. If that doesn't agree with you, tough. While you dwell on his mistakes, I will remind others that this is the quarterback that kept our season alive when Wentz went down and that resulted in a National Championship. This is the quarterback that was instrumental in defeating #13 Iowa and taking us to the semi-finals last year. He is the leader of a ONE loss, top ten Bison team this year.

You don't like him? Tough shit. Give the rest of us a break from having to read your predictable crap. Take a break. Go do something that brings you peace.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    You might want to check the record books before you start flapping your pie hole.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    Ugh. Enough. You are on a roll these last couple days. You have cussed people out. Called them names. Crowed about how they were wrong two years ago about Carson Wentz and his injury. Went on and on about the shortcomings of Stick on multiple threads. Enough.

Easton Stick is the quarterback. If that doesn't agree with you, tough. While you dwell on his mistakes, I will remind others that this is the quarterback that kept our season alive when Wentz went down and that resulted in a National Championship. This is the quarterback that was instrumental in defeating #13 Iowa and taking us to the semi-finals last year. He is the leader of a ONE loss, top ten Bison team this year.

You don't like him? Tough shit. Give the rest of us a break from having to read your predictable crap. Take a break. Go do something that brings you peace.
    Last couple days? Posted three times today. Haven’t posted in months.

I like Easton. He’s an average at best QB. How am I wrong in saying that?

He’s the best option NDSU has, but serious consideration has to be given by the coaching staff of his limitations. Put on the game film of 2015 and turn back the clock. Run him and run him often.

And ya, everyone who did want to start him over Wentz was a moron. Still are if you are still defending that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You might want to check the record books before you start flapping your pie hole.
    I totally forgot Easton hasn’t had the benefit of playing with an excellent offensive line, very good running backs, and arguably one of the best defenses in the FCS over his last three seasons.